Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Hawaii

Notices

Thread: 1st Annual Curtis Bautista Jr. Memorial R/C Top Truck Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

This had to be the best GTG I've been to, lots of fun. Too bad more peeps didn't show, the course was a challenge for everyone. Lots of carnage!

*edit* Oh yeah, my camera crapped out, only a few pics came out.

Last edited by RusT808; 07-19-2010 at 12:17 AM.
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

wish I could have make it. The course looks unreal can't wait to see some pics.
SCX10Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCX10Honcho View Post
wish I could have make it. The course looks unreal can't wait to see some pics.
Eh, I heard something about bikini's pictures $ men. Hope was worth it.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

bra, that was fun. much thanks to the bautista family for there aloha.
Erik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

dtp no vids?
Erik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

I just started to upload them now. Start editing tomorrow.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Congrats DTP Heard your truck was mento. I was bummed when I heard my truck quit on Hermit. Hmmmmm...I have one of Jason's mounts, I just need a Summit trans.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #48

dam i havent been on in a waile .....................and we miss it! are u guys going 2 make a other one? so who came out on top
army of one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

wanted to post some pics, but the cooler and food was calling . will post some up tomorrow.
special agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
5 days of building.....................free

Kit & parts..............................$395

MMP & HHTM BR-XL.................$230

Smoke, sparks, & fire.............PRICELESS

yesterday's was just sick. parts breakage.

-2 puller motors
-2 esc
-couple of trans parts
-russ with his axle problem
-couple failed driveshafts (erik)
fun as much as we had that priceless

to sum it up all the trucks that played on the track broke except for 1
-Russ with his 4 wheel steer truck its not waterproof he just drove around
special agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Eh, I heard something about bikini's pictures $ men. Hope was worth it.
hehehe was worth it cause can buy more r/c stuffs now.
SCX10Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Congrats DTP Heard your truck was mento. I was bummed when I heard my truck quit on Hermit. Hmmmmm...I have one of Jason's mounts, I just need a Summit trans.
Thanks for letting me barrow yorutruck my bradda. I had a blast yesterday
DTP's truck was Nutts!!! Getting Ideas myself about the Summit tranny.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #53

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks for everyones support in making our first event a success. Even though a few people showed up , it was all worth it. We plan to make this an annual event , but this time at a different location. Cause should have grass over there this time next year. So hopefully this hobby is still going on strong next year.

As for when will the next event will be , still looking for a more permanent or even a temporary location. I still have my portable track that i can set up just about anywhere.
Another idea would be a SCALE CRAWLING event? hmm.....or am i just gonna open up another can of worms. yeah , yeah , yeah..... you like talk about the rules , etc....and not even show up so. we see. i'll look into this.

Now on to my next challenge ; making a portable rock crawling course. Something that can be trailered in and used to promote our hobby. I've got an extra utlility trailer thats been calling my name , so i think thats gonna be the bitch. This one goin be fun.

The rc rock crawling scene here in Hawaii has slowly declined in the past year or so. Don't know what lead to the low number of entrants at comps but hopefully that can all change.
garage5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

No worries my braddah, I love scaling and have too much money invested to stop anytime soon. Make wat evahs rules or no rules you know I'm running til something breaks....unless I work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage5 View Post
Thanks for everyones support in making our first event a success. Even though a few people showed up , it was all worth it. We plan to make this an annual event , but this time at a different location. Cause should have grass over there this time next year. So hopefully this hobby is still going on strong next year.

As for when will the next event will be , still looking for a more permanent or even a temporary location. I still have my portable track that i can set up just about anywhere.
Another idea would be a SCALE CRAWLING event? hmm.....or am i just gonna open up another can of worms. yeah , yeah , yeah..... you like talk about the rules , etc....and not even show up so. we see. i'll look into this.

Now on to my next challenge ; making a portable rock crawling course. Something that can be trailered in and used to promote our hobby. I've got an extra utlility trailer thats been calling my name , so i think thats gonna be the bitch. This one goin be fun.

The rc rock crawling scene here in Hawaii has slowly declined in the past year or so. Don't know what lead to the low number of entrants at comps but hopefully that can all change.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #55

garage5

I assume u would refering 2 us ................if u made it on a sat not sun me and da boys would have came. sundays 4 us i shortcource and family time
army of one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #56

im not singling out on a person/or group. but if thats how you feel , im sorry.
garage5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #57

Default yea what evers,

frist of all army of one hes talking about me,couse i was talking for most of the group,so let me set this bs stright,frist when we went to the test track at the car show...one of my bois heard one of the guys sitting down say if any one like fight,we was not the to couse problems just have fun.someone is bad talking the west side bois for some reason?and for me going to a gtg wheres theres mite be beer, no thank you,ive met alot of nice people and seen alot of dam cry babys,i went fight the rules becouse there was guys that wanted to come out and play and after what happen at the car show none wanted to play,so who every putting us down you making the sport bad,not the west side bois,i didnt hear the guy say it but if one of my guys say he heard it then he did....so if this was for meright back at you now talk all the shit you like....becouse if any one ask me about so of you guys ill just tell them about the dam car show...sorry army of one i know your heart is in crawling but i will not crawl with guy who like couse problems,i know your going to stay in crawling and be leaving us in sc i wish you all the best we lost a dam good driver...but i still have my cosin
run um hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run um hard View Post
frist of all army of one hes talking about me,couse i was talking for most of the group,so let me set this bs stright,frist when we went to the test track at the car show...one of my bois heard one of the guys sitting down say if any one like fight,we was not the to couse problems just have fun.someone is bad talking the west side bois for some reason?and for me going to a gtg wheres theres mite be beer, no thank you,ive met alot of nice people and seen alot of dam cry babys,i went fight the rules becouse there was guys that wanted to come out and play and after what happen at the car show none wanted to play,so who every putting us down you making the sport bad,not the west side bois,i didnt hear the guy say it but if one of my guys say he heard it then he did....so if this was for meright back at you now talk all the shit you like....becouse if any one ask me about so of you guys ill just tell them about the dam car show...sorry army of one i know your heart is in crawling but i will not crawl with guy who like couse problems,i know your going to stay in crawling and be leaving us in sc i wish you all the best we lost a dam good driver...but i still have my cosin

Maybe one of your guys did hear what he said he heard but took it out of context. I've been friends with these guys for a while and I'm 100% sure none of us would say/do stupid shit like that.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusT808 View Post