RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   What would you like to see in Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/92594-what-would-you-like-see-holmes-hobbies.html)

ferp420 06-23-2020 09:14 AM

Re: What would you like to see in Holmes Hobbies

i would like to see a 12v servo conversion kit basicly a tiny esc programed to work for a servo to make cheap servos run off of a 3s or 4s batterys lots of people burn out there servos that could fix them
it would be realy trick if it could fit inside the servo case

RockCrawlingKid 07-04-2020 09:01 AM

Im loving the sport motor series really well put together. I can’t wait for my 13t crawlmaster sport 540 to show up in the mail to replace the stock motor that currently propels my gen8.I’m in Canada and found one from a shop up here in Quebec. I see now that you just got new 550 cans in stock and was going to order a 550 out of fear that I would want to stick with the larger can. But shipping to Canada is the same price as one motor. I think I’m just going to wait and see how the 540 size performs. Hopefully scale trucks Canada gets some new 550 in stock

I wonder John if it would be helpful for those less versed in terms and spec if you listed a factory 3 slot turn# equivalent into your descriptions. Kv listing is nice but I just feel like it would make it easier for people to make the choice of winding for their intentions.

high plains drifter 07-04-2020 09:17 AM

Because of the kind of year it's been and the fact that sometimes we forget about the truly important things in life... What I would like to see in Holmes Hobby is health to John R. Holmes and family. I hope to see HH continuing to stay passionately involved in the RC hobby as well as remaining prosperous in all their endeavors. Holmes Hobbies has brought integrity, transparency, and loyalty to the RC community and I hope for nothing but good things for the future of this company. Thank you, John for all that you do... Your hard work and devotion does not go unnoticed nor unappreciated.

toy4crawlin 09-07-2020 10:16 PM

Hi John
Have been enjoying your products over a decade.
Would like to see motors that are lighter in weight

Also, an easier way to re sync or config dual MOA esc's. I was crawling just fine through 2 battery packs, then I set my moa for a pause for few minutes, then tried to drive again and only the rear would drive. what happened, How do I get he front esc to sync again?

Deezul 10-27-2020 08:39 PM

Really need something for the scx24. I wanted the 380 out runner but it’s unobtanium

Timmahh 10-27-2020 08:52 PM

High Torque High RPM No Prep Drag Motors.

mtbmonkey 10-28-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deezul (Post 6050450)
Really need something for the scx24. I wanted the 380 out runner but it’s unobtanium

I agree! Something for the micro crawlers would be amazing.

nathanotis 10-28-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbmonkey (Post 6050512)
I agree! Something for the micro crawlers would be amazing.

Agreed!

austin-92 10-28-2020 05:17 PM

1. Stuff in stock so I can buy some of your awesome products!

2. Agree with the post above on a budget servo. Something in the 50-70$ range

3. John to continue to make posts here and YouTube videos. It definitely gives me a better feeling about purchases when they’re associated with a face rather than just a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevotafun 12-22-2020 10:20 AM

I would like to wish everyone over at HH a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Been using your product for 8 years now, but nothing drives me up the wall more than wanting to buy something and can't get it cause its out of stock.

What i would like to see from HH in the new year is to actually have things in stock.

Taper 07-12-2021 01:16 PM

Longer wires +/- to feed servos and black wires for servos instead red/yellow/black you put now, only for a appearance.

MOguy 12-21-2021 07:40 AM

Something similar to the Copperhead but with no case.

Light weight 4S ESC with a decent internal BEC for sensor and sensorless.

mtnbiker4evr13 01-12-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin-92 (Post 6050555)

2. Agree with the post above on a budget servo. Something in the 50-70$ range

3. John to continue to make posts here and YouTube videos. It definitely gives me a better feeling about purchases when they’re associated with a face rather than just a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to #2 and #3! HH videos are great. More HH hard parts would certainly be worth a look after the success of the Sherpa chassis. HH light/winch/accessory controllers would also be interesting.

guido_owl 02-02-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOguy (Post 6102238)
Something similar to the Copperhead but with no case.

Light weight 4S ESC with a decent internal BEC for sensor and sensorless.

Yes, I agree... and (if possible) with the Holmes Hold option (that could be turned on or off by user with Castle Link or similar)!

desousab 06-01-2022 08:23 PM

stock...

Thorsteenster 11-30-2022 08:01 AM

I'm still waiting on a sensored outrunner...

MOguy 12-05-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorsteenster (Post 6127745)
I'm still waiting on a sensored outrunner...

Try a Revolver with a Crawl Master Mini V2. It is smooth. The startup is even much smoother than my Tenkin Roc with on a MambaX. The wheel speed and kick are also better.

Thorsteenster 01-31-2023 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOguy (Post 6128105)
Try a Revolver with a Crawl Master Mini V2. It is smooth. The startup is even much smoother than my Tenkin Roc with on a MambaX. The wheel speed and kick are also better.

Ha, I only posted that being I remember way back he was developing a sensored outrunner. Turns out he did and it's come and gone, I just flipped through the whole thread.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...evolver-s.html

Once I upgrade the servos on my Capra I'll go direct power and get rid of my external BEC then look at going to a Crawlmaster to replace the MMXV2.
For now I'll just get a Revolver

cul8tr 09-27-2023 04:35 AM

Any plans on a 2 in 1 combo (motor and esc) from you?

sherbs 01-13-2024 06:14 PM

I would like to see you answer questions on your web sight contact page instead of ghosting.