Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: SBK TCase issue/concern/question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SBK TCase issue/concern/question

I didn't think to snap any photos of it so I've got nothing useful to show that helps explain here but I think ya'll will get the gist of what I'm saying..

Also, I ran out of diagnosis time last night so I haven't spent long looking for a solution yet. I thought I'd check with you guys though, since I'm stuck at work spinning my wheels through the last 1.5 days of my employment here..

When I put the T-Case together on my SBK, the bottom of the case doesn't seem to mate completely; the top is fine but the bottom doesn't pull together.

There's only the three screws holding it together and they're all located away from the bottom of the case (where the 2 halves of the case don't mate properly. It looks as though once I bolt it down to the skid it will tighten up but I thought see if anyone else how's built an SBK Venture had this issue?
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: SBK TCase issue/concern/question

I didn't have any problem with the case on my build. Is it possible you have a wrong size or badly fitted bearing? I looked on my build thread and there is a pin to lock the gear to the shaft. Maybe that is not in correctly.

In the photo gears are pinned to the shaft. One not sat properly might be the cause.

Last edited by M1tch; 03-28-2019 at 02:23 PM.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yeah, all the pins/gears/bearings are seated correctly (I think...) but I'll have to take it apart and verify. I think it's either that, or one of the bearings isn't seating properly in the housing.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
RCC Addict

But yours went together easily?
Old 03-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yeah, didn't have any problem. Also maybe check the casings for anything that could stop them seating properly
Old 03-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I didnt run into any issues getting my T case to come together. It such a small part that pulling it apart to double check everything shouldn't be too much work. If it were me I'd fully tear it down, inspect and re-assemble.
There was one guy here who had chewed up the T case gears I believe and after a new housing I think it was fixed. Maybe they had a bad run of the cases?

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 03-28-2019 at 04:37 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I didnt run into any issues getting my T case to come together. It such a small part that pulling it apart to double check everything shouldn't be too much work. If it were me I'd fully tear it down, inspect and re-assemble.
There was one guy here who had chewed up the T case gears I believe and after a new housing I think it was fixed. Maybe they had a bad run of the cases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
Yeah, didn't have any problem. Also maybe check the casings for anything that could stop them seating properly

Thanks for the assist and the feedback all!

As one could've predicted, all it needed was a tear down and re-assembly. I'm not sure exactly what changed but I must've had a bearing that was seating poorly. I took it apart (a whopping 3 screws), seated the bearings in the case (as opposed to on the shafts) and it went together perfectly.

*You know what I love about RCCrawler Vs. FB?

I can ask a question and the responses I get are from a couple people that actually have relevant experience and they offer good suggestions. So much better than getting 1000 responses from 800 well intentioned random people and only 1/50 responses have anything relevant or intelligent to say..

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 03-29-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Glad it was an easy fix. At least the case is easy to strip down. It seemed odd to me that the bearings in the plastics were a good fit, but in the gears they were slack. Bad way of doing things imo.

SBK TCase issue/concern/question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For those waiting on the SBK to arrive in the US GA Dawg HPI Venture 41 10-25-2019 04:05 PM
Carpetfuzz's Venture SBK carpetfuzz17 HPI Venture 42 04-10-2019 01:32 AM
SBK PDF manual link. M1tch HPI Venture 0 02-27-2019 12:02 PM
to whoom it may concern lizard017 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 5 02-12-2009 05:55 PM
for who it may concern lizard017 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 12 06-07-2008 11:21 PM