Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Axle mounted servo wire???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axle mounted servo wire???

After the flipping the chassis , stretching the suspension, and mounting the servo on the axle the servo lead was just not long enough to reach the receiver. I moved it to right above the speed controller but I don’t think that is the best location for it. Anyone have any better ideas on how to make the lead longer or a different spot to mount the receiver?

Next question to the ones who have an axle mounted servo. What the heck did you do with the wire???
dragnz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Cheapbatterypacks.com has extension wires , and i dont have a wheely king chassis but i had the axles and i just ran the wire along one of the upper links and zipp tied it them to it.
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

How about buying or making up an extension harness to where it needs to go..?

I have the Hitec HS-5645 and it reaches from the front axle to the rear axle (about a foot of wire lead).

Mine I will be using zipties to hold them onto the links and onto the chassis and then out to the RX in the rear.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #4

Like they said. I actually have 4WS so both are mounted on the axle. The Hitec645 servo has plenty of wire to anywhere you need. If you are going to stay with the HPI servo go to the hobby shop or Tower and order an extension wire then its plug and play. I just zip tied mine to the upper links also. I put the HPi servo on the rear till I can get another Hitec and the wires were long enough for that. Good luck
USAFretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #5

I have two different JR servos that I have run and used a 6 inch extension that I bought at the LHS. I then used like everyone else has small zip ties to secure it to the frame to keep it out of the way and also to keep thins looking clean. There is my .02
LosiDvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

With my stock WK chassis/servo, I had to run a JR servo extension, but when I bought a TP945 servo, the servo wire was about 2" longer so I didn't need an extension anymore...
jbrandt is offline   Reply With Quote