Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Visionary Fabrication Chassis "Vendetta"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Visionary Fabrication Chassis "Vendetta"

This thing is sweet! You would think with the stock tranny it would have a really high CG. It isn't as bad as you would think. All of my weight is way down low right where it should be.
Thanks Don(Billet Works) for making such a great kit for the Wheely King. And sorry for scratching it up before I took pictures.

Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That thing turned out great! I didn't realize you were running such a beastly motor on that thing! Scratches just mean it's getting some great use!

Don
VF
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I had to Dremel out the motor slots to fit M4 mounting screws in it. I like power and I am thinking of getting a bigger motor when someone makes steel tranny gears with no slipper clutch.
Awsome work Don.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #4

Looks like you could use some skid plates
Rock_abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i'm not a big fan of that chassis for some reason it looks really heavy and alot of sharp corners to get hung up on but those wheels are the s#!t i must get my hands on a set
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

That's A LOT of battery!!! I'm not sure about the chassis though. It's nice, and well built, but it seems like the motor/tranny placement could be improved.
smcurry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #7

how well do those lower links slide on rocks, it seems they'd just slide over since there's no bend and they are out of the way for the most part. Also, would it be possible to get a couple shots of the front axle?

Thanks,
Nasher
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Looks good, but the chassis/links isn't much of an improvement geometry and ground clearance wise... :-/
lsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
i'm not a big fan of that chassis for some reason it looks really heavy and alot of sharp corners to get hung up on but those wheels are the s#!t i must get my hands on a set
It's not at all heavy. I did not weigh my other set up, but from what I can judge, it weighs the same if not less.
No sharp corners here, everything is rounded slightly. Get your fix of the beadlocks here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcurry83 View Post
That's A LOT of battery!!! I'm not sure about the chassis though. It's nice, and well built, but it seems like the motor/tranny placement could be improved.
There is alot of battery because I like my gear down and I like my wheel speed.
There is no need to "improve" the chassis, everything is well thought out and functions very well together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
how well do those lower links slide on rocks, it seems they'd just slide over since there's no bend and they are out of the way for the most part. Also, would it be possible to get a couple shots of the front axle?
I believe the term "up and over," comes into play here.
Thanks,
Nasher
This picture was before the chassis but it has the same components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsone View Post
Looks good, but the chassis/links isn't much of an improvement geometry and ground clearance wise... :-/
It clears anything with ease, without having the chassis sitting too high off of the ground and having a high CG, it looks like it has a high CG but it doesn't.
The T-Maxx shocks lower it alot, because they are shorter shocks than the Wheely King's shocks.