Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: The rest of the componenets for moving the servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #1

Default The rest of the componenets for moving the servo

I grabbed a template for the axle servo mount. I assume I also need a servo horn and some ball ends, all thread, and tubing. But what size all thread and ball ends? 4-40, 6-32 or 8-32. In another thread people said they had moved to 8-32 for the extension shafts ... is that appropriate for the steering as well? Anyone use the Dubro Monster Ball Links 6-32?

Thanks!!
kelly_and_brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
RCC Addict

4-40 is plenty good for steering. I'm using a 403 in/oz jr servo with 4-40 stampede rod ends, all clad in stainless tubing (I think it's 3/16" but I'm not 100% on that) and I've never had a problem with anything bent or broken. If you're running the stock servo, the horn that came on it should be fine, you really only need the aluminum ones for high torque servos. Try to keep your steering linkage as flat as possible, having a steep angle on your drag link saps a lot of power out of the servo. If that means you have to have your tie rod under the knuckles, it's worth it for the extra power. 8-32 is absolutely necessary for trailing arms though. Use revo or jato rod ends for that.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote