Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: N00b here, this is My WK....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #1

Default N00b here, this is My WK....

Hello every one. My name is Rafael Lopez and I have been into RCs now for 2 years after a 16 year break. I currently own a large list of nitro RCs and have just recently decided to give this crawler thing a try.

This is my frst attemt at building a crwler rig. I started with the ARR Whellie King that I got from Tower for my son, yeah right..., for barely over $100. The bug quickly got hold of me after trolling here for about a year now and this is what I turned out.

Strecthed to the size of a T/E-Maxx-Savage using a Prolie "Bush wacker" body. I like scale looking rigs so I only stretched it about 2 inches. Not planning to compete so I think that will be just fine for me. Going to detail the body as much as I can. Colors will be a Champane/light gold color with a white or black top. Going to be adding light buckets and a light kit too. Thinking about installing a roof rack with some scale goodies on ther etoo.

Used carbon rod, Traxxas ball ends, and 4-40 stainless steel rod.

This was the outcome.

Next up are Proline narrow beadlocks with Losi rock claws. Going to use Hot Racing axle extenders to get some side clearence. Eventually I'll get a Novak brushed crawler setup running off of MaxAmps 4800mah saddle pack mounted over the front axle.

Right now I'm running the stock motor with a 20 tooh pinion, a Novak XRS speed controller, MaxAmps 2s/2p 6000mah LiPo, and a JR FM synthesizer Trx/Rvr, and a JR 590 servo.

Thanks for looking
sdwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #2

you're off to a great start! only thing i would add to your list(which might be on there but hey, i just woke up and it's 6:00 and a dark morning) is axle mounted steering, other than that that is a great start, keep it up
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

might i also say add to the list a some new shocks!! what happened to that one
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #4

Hahaha, the shock shaft has been changed since I took those pictures. I shot those pictures early in my build and I was eager to post them. I dont know what happend but its been fixed.

I dont thnk I will be relocating the servo because I dont like the way it looks. Since I didnt streach it that much I wont be loosing too much articulation by just extending the steering rod.

I also had time last nite to replace all of the screws with 2mm stainless steel ones. I run my cars at the beach alot and all of the stock ones were rusting out.....I'll post an updated picture later.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #5

Here are the picts of it finished. Had a good run yesterday with "boostamante" at the J street park here in Culla Vista. Good place to have fun on the rocks.

This was the playground yesterday. Defenitly going to put it on the list of fun places to run.