Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: What to do till the conversion arrives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What to do till the conversion arrives

allright i just got my Wheely King 4x4 AAR and the crawler conversion i ordered from my LHS wont be shipped to them for 2 weeks (or so they say) so im gonna assume im gonna be waiting for another month. So i picked up some 50,000 weight silicone diff lock to hopefully lock the axle and i have some spare lower links from my AX10 and was wondering what i need to do to install them to add some extra length for crawling, i noticed that the upper links need to be lengthened to add the lower ones but the steering setup pretty much screws me if i want to do that, any ideas? Ive got a 16t pinion and a 96t spur the original 27t motor hpi receiver and radio and an intellispeed esc (for now until i get a crawler esc), just dont wanna spend anymore money till i get the conversion.
Tonelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i have wk axles and the diffs dont hold fulid, it just runs out over time. jb weld works very well. if you want to be able to change them back to open diffs then your going to need a locker.
admiket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

well your right they dont hold the oil i took them apart and discovered that they have holes where the axles go into them, i put some in anyway to se what would happen, it stiffened them up for a bit but after about an hour of abuse im assuming my axles are full of oil now because it started slipping like there was no oil in it again. guess ill have to wait for my conversion kit and just use my crappy ol AX10 comp rig till then. lol.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #4

Just get the lockers, I Jb welded mine, when it broke it was a bit of a wait for the new diff carrier to come in to do it properly. Spend the 15 bucks.
Burge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Doesnt the kit come with lockers? im in love with my maximizer lockers!! but they cost 30 bucks.
RockCrawlingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

yah the kit comes with them thats why im S.O.L till it gets here, guess i'll have to just change the spur and pinion and lower the battery or flip it to the front and make it a speed king till then. ive managed to make the back end 1/2 an inch longer tho with some spare parts out of shere boredom.

Last edited by Tonelock; 06-15-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ya.

where are u in aberta?
RockCrawlingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

im just outside of alberta, i decided to get into crawling after i discovered theres almost nowhere to run my savage around my house and i have a big pile of rocks in my backyard, i allready have an Axial Scorpion with a few mods but for some reason i really wanted a wheely king crawler.