Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Semi scale WK chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Semi scale WK chassis

Wheel base can be stock 10 1/2 11 1/2 with the stock links. Im trying to make it so you can ues as much of the stock parts as you can without haveing to buy much. Let me know what you think.

Name:  IMG_0908.JPG
Views: 1299
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0921.JPG
Views: 1275
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0924.JPG
Views: 1289
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0925.JPG
Views: 1277
Size:  51.4 KB
mutiny22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
Pullman Crawler

i look really nice. it would do much better if you moved more weight up to the front. i like the jeep body.
A_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Looking good! There might even be enough clearance to clock the motor to improve the CG. Getting more weight to the front (as suggested) will make a huge difference for climbing and crawling also. Throw on some bent lower links and you're there.

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It does supriseingly well the way it is. I think with some wheel waights on the front and it would just fine. I have only had 1 pack through it and the fronts not locked yet but i like it so far.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Sounds good. Depending on where you run and what surfaces,you might want to make some changes to the setup down the line. I always have to run my stuff awhile to see what might need some tweaking. Glad it works like you wanted, have fun with it

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

it's a nice looking chassis but i would see about flipping it around to get the battery up front. you don't need more weight up front....you need a battery up front.
chris_dishmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

nice chassis man
grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Looks great. What I had been looking for. The Wk is the cheapest crawler right now I believe and I love the scale look. You going to sell the chassis or just post up the dimensions so others can make their own? Looks really scale on something like a new Jeep where it has 4-wheel coils and four-link type suspension.
maxxa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Looks real good I was wondering who was going to do a scale looking chasis that would incorporate a wk tranny almost everything you see is a direct fit for the axial tranny.If you do decide to sell them I would definetely look into getting one nice job.
cdl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Sounds good. Depending on where you run and what surfaces,you might want to make some changes to the setup down the line. I always have to run my stuff awhile to see what might need some tweaking. Glad it works like you wanted, have fun with it

T.D.
Im not trying to make a crawler. I was just trying to make more of a fun run truck. I might make a few changes down the line but for right now im running it untell i break something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxa87 View Post
Looks great. What I had been looking for. The Wk is the cheapest crawler right now I believe and I love the scale look. You going to sell the chassis or just post up the dimensions so others can make their own? Looks really scale on something like a new Jeep where it has 4-wheel coils and four-link type suspension.
If enuff people want one ill start making them. If you want one i can make you one. I just need to finish a few things on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdl822 View Post
Looks real good I was wondering who was going to do a scale looking chasis that would incorporate a wk tranny almost everything you see is a direct fit for the axial tranny.If you do decide to sell them I would definetely look into getting one nice job.
I have only seen 1 other scale chassis that uses a WK tranny. Like i said if you want one i can make you one.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Dude i want one,maybe 2 hand been wating for this it is very nice will it come with a servo plate
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

you should sell them as a kit with the chassis, clocked motor plate, and axle mounted servo mount plate all in one
0778drz110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Can you post up or send me a template?

thanx and nice build
parker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
Dude i want one,maybe 2 hand been wating for this it is very nice will it come with a servo plate
Im just working out the last few details then ill have them up for sale. yes it will come with the servo plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0778drz110 View Post
you should sell them as a kit with the chassis, clocked motor plate, and axle mounted servo mount plate all in one
i will be selling it as a kit but not with a clocked motor plate. mostly cause you dont need one and there are lots of templates on here to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker88 View Post
Can you post up or send me a template?

thanx and nice build
im not going to post a template cause im going to be selling them. it will be cheap. it's not going to be like $40 for 2 frame rails.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Very cool design, It always makes me glad to see people putting up or designing things for the WK.. As one of the other guys said it is the most affordable crawler out there... I think that this is definatly true, with the few mods that one has to make you can be out there crawling and being semi competitive in a really short time..
Thanks for a cool product, I will be watching the development of this one.
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Need a tester lol. But as has been said , weight biased towards the front. If you can mount the Battery box to either front or back that would be awesome. I think it would be awesome. I was going to keep mine a monster but I think it would look cool with all ts and a clod body.
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler_king View Post
Very cool design, It always makes me glad to see people putting up or designing things for the WK.. As one of the other guys said it is the most affordable crawler out there... I think that this is definatly true, with the few mods that one has to make you can be out there crawling and being semi competitive in a really short time..
Thanks for a cool product, I will be watching the development of this one.
I love my WK. It may be cheap but its a fun little truck to drive. Thats part of the reason im trying to make stuff for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cembom View Post
Need a tester lol. But as has been said , weight biased towards the front. If you can mount the Battery box to either front or back that would be awesome. I think it would be awesome. I was going to keep mine a monster but I think it would look cool with all ts and a clod body.
The only problem with the battery up front is that servo hits it. If I put the battery up higher it makes it to top heavy.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

just checking in i seen your hitch your making and wondering if you will have holes in the rear of the frame or is that gonna be left to us , just a thought you need a front bumper made with that ajustment type , wating for this chassie so it gives me a reason to get a wheely king (for my girl frend right ) hahaha do you have a web site, paypall or pm you with payment
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

sorry this chassis got put on hold for a while.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I would like to see a price on this chassis. I've been looking for something to use the stock WK tranny. I'd also like to make a in chassis servo mount like stock. I hate the look of the servo on the axle. Great job!
EMX5636 is offline   Reply With Quote