Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: wheely king scalers, yeah... im addicted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wheely king scalers, yeah... im addicted.

So i started out with a comp style crawler and slowly got into scale stuff. Thanks to pablo and the rest of the local socal guys i managed to turn 2 of my wheely kings into somewhat decent scale rigs. comments and suggestions welcomed. i might decide on getting a defender body but not sure yet.

boostamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I've never seen a 1:1 car or truck with a frame like those. Think you need some type channel or rail frames.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

its a start...on the slippery slope that is "scale". first time he brought them out they were stock WK's, lol...
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Scale is not a slippery slope. There are points for how closely your rig comes to representing a real vehicle. The more true to scale it is the more points that are awarded. Some people just haven't taken there rig to the point of sickness.
Attached Images

hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #5

That looks good Julio! Who cares if you dont have frame rails and leaf springs. You get cool points in my book!! I'm going the same way with mine. And like you dont care for frame rails of leaf springs. If you're not competing then who cares, as longs as its fun to you!!

What wheels and tires are those? me like:-P!

I just got a Parma, Nissan Titan body, since I just got an 08 1:1 Titan and I'll be streatching the WK again to fit the body, again! Allready bought a Novak rooster combo and made a saddle pack to mount on each side of the frame. I also limited the Losi Rock Crawler shocks to not extend more that the lennght of the springs......its comming along....slowly. But the 5b is also in pieces so I have more than one money pit to work on right now
sdwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

looks good!what body mounts did you use?
pickup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwk View Post
...What wheels and tires are those? me like:-P!
yes what tires?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

So it's not exactly "scale", down to the last detail but you can beat the snot out of it and not worry about destroying hours of meticulous work. It's still way more scale than the stocker, I say run the hell out of 'em and have fun.

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
yes what tires?
RC4WD Crazy Krawlers.
http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=746

I agree on the chassis, unless you're looking up under the body, they look scale enough, and he's having fun with it. There are plenty of linked 1:1 rigs on tube chassis anyway.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Strip the chrome plating off the chassis plates and do the tummy tuck mod, you'll barely even see the chassis then. You'll also lose a big "catch-point" on the stock setup, much more streamlined and rock friendly

T.D.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #11

there are lots of trucks out there that dont use leaf spring, monster trucks for example, oh wait that what the wheely king is
akramer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by akramer007 View Post
there are lots of trucks out there that dont use leaf spring, monster trucks for example, oh wait that what the wheely king is

yeah no shit right??? anywho, im loving the trucks as they permorm extremly well. im gonna ditch the bushwacker body and run a landie. I think ill do the tummy tuck soon or maybe get a trail chassis from Diaz Designs. I was never in it for cool points but still, i did understand it wasnt 100% scale.

ill post pics of the GTG i went to over the weekend. It was friggin awesome!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Sounds good! I just posted some pics of a tummy tuck on a WK for someone that asked. There may be another/better way to do it, but the shots show how I did mine. I'm running All-T's without foams on that truck, not sure how they'll do yet. I need to hit some challenging terrain to find out.

T.D.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Sounds good! I just posted some pics of a tummy tuck on a WK for someone that asked. There may be another/better way to do it, but the shots show how I did mine. I'm running All-T's without foams on that truck, not sure how they'll do yet. I need to hit some challenging terrain to find out.

T.D.
coo, where can i find these pics??? i want to try that tonight. Btw, where frmo wisconsin are you from? i have a buddy in neenah which is near oshkosh.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Tummy Tuck How To?

I'm in the Appleton area, Neenah isn't far from me at all, and I race in Oshkosh (Hobbytown USA) about 20 minutes away.

T.D.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So it's not exactly "scale", down to the last detail but you can beat the snot out of it and not worry about destroying hours of meticulous work. It's still way more scale than the stocker, I say run the hell out of 'em and have fun.

T.D.
+1 on that. Looking really good
twisted concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Tummy Tuck How To?

I'm in the Appleton area, Neenah isn't far from me at all, and I race in Oshkosh (Hobbytown USA) about 20 minutes away.

T.D.

no way.... i actually meant appleton. I visited earlier this year. My buddy lives in neenah near cranky pats.

I also bought a body while i was there at that hobbytown. Cool place and nice people.

Small world... lol

When i visit again next year ill be sure to hit u up for some crawlin in wisconsin... woot!