Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: collecting dust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default collecting dust

so my buddy jimmy (Killswitch) had a old tuber laying around that was yellow and aluminum, used a pede tranny and i think tlt axles

well its now going to be fitted with a wk tranny and axles

dont know who made the chassis but it looks sturdy

and thanks to my buddy shawn for blasting the yellow off polishing the aluminum and painting it orange

next plans is the paint it with military CARC flat black !

Last edited by backfold; 11-13-2008 at 07:30 AM.
backfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #2

Looks pretty cool! I love that you can make nearly anything you like with just the drivetrain of a crawler

What are you going to do with the sheet metal portion of the chassis?
krush groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krush groove View Post
Looks pretty cool! I love that you can make nearly anything you like with just the drivetrain of a crawler

What are you going to do with the sheet metal portion of the chassis?
wheel after tinkering with the ideas of the wk tranny i will clock the motor then shoe horn it in there im just not a fan of the drive shafts on one side. but i dont understand the benefits? maybe body role or torq curve?

as far as the tub part all electronics will be inboard and it will have lites
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I made that chassis, probly about a year and a half to two years ago. If you look on the aluminum center structure that holds the transmission and electronics you will see that my screen name and a serial number has been stamped in it. I can just barely make it out in one of your pictures. It is going to be a very durable chassis for you. I know because my sons and I have beat the snot out of several of them! Your right, it was made for a XL-5 pede transmission and TLT axles. It should go good with WK axles and four inch shocks. I've got a red one here that I'm getting ready to put AX10 axles and tranny on. It looks like someone has taken very good care of your chassis, hardly used.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of your build.
mnstrbetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstrbetle View Post
I made that chassis, probly about a year and a half to two years ago. If you look on the aluminum center structure that holds the transmission and electronics you will see that my screen name and a serial number has been stamped in it. I can just barely make it out in one of your pictures. It is going to be a very durable chassis for you. I know because my sons and I have beat the snot out of several of them! Your right, it was made for a XL-5 pede transmission and TLT axles. It should go good with WK axles and four inch shocks. I've got a red one here that I'm getting ready to put AX10 axles and tranny on. It looks like someone has taken very good care of your chassis, hardly used.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of your build.
yup it says monsterbeetle it was yellow and all scratched up but my buddy has a glass bead blaster so he blasted it then we shot the hugger orange. we are going to be revamping the tub

clocked the wk tranny last night and then decided i didnt want to go with the short links because the main chassis is long so we are coming up with a way to use a strc axial skid and then mount the upper four link to some stand off's

keep checking back and post some picks of your chassis's