Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: strange stock electronics problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default strange stock electronics problem

i keep getting this problem when I'm out crawling, I'm using a tq3, and a 3 channel receiver, towerpro 995 servo, and stock esc. The problem I am having is that sometimes when I'm crawling, everything freezes up on my truck, motor and servo. Whenever it happens, it seems that my servo is at full lock. This problem goes away when I lift the truck so that none of the tires are touching the rocks, and the servo goes back to center, and the motor returns to regular running. This is particullary strange because I tought it was my servo, so I replaced my servo, and the problem is still present. I'm now wondering what the hell is going on with my electronics. Any help would be appreciated
newpinesap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #2

You might try a new speed controller with an external castle BEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpinesap View Post
i keep getting this problem when I'm out crawling, I'm using a tq3, and a 3 channel receiver, towerpro 995 servo, and stock esc. The problem I am having is that sometimes when I'm crawling, everything freezes up on my truck, motor and servo. Whenever it happens, it seems that my servo is at full lock. This problem goes away when I lift the truck so that none of the tires are touching the rocks, and the servo goes back to center, and the motor returns to regular running. This is particullary strange because I tought it was my servo, so I replaced my servo, and the problem is still present. I'm now wondering what the hell is going on with my electronics. Any help would be appreciated
phantomdjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i had something similar happen with one of my rigs. The Airtronics Servo i was running on my WK would glitch and lock to one side. I was using a futaba TX and found that switching it to the TQ3 remedied the problem. I also remember dropping that old TX in the water so maybe thats what messed it up. Try changing it out for another one. I am running a rooster crawler and a Novak 55 turn motor.

Good luck.
boostamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
j0e
Rock Crawler

i had a similar problem with a high torque servo on stock esc.
i bet its the bec.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote