Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Chassis Options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Chassis Options?

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a new chassis for my King b/c I broke the fabbed up plastic thing that the truck had when I got it in trade....I'm looking to go semi-scale but I'd like to keep the Tranny clocked and I have an aluminum servo plate (the one on the front axle)...I tried using the stock chassis, but when I put the front axle in, the spring on the right shock was binding b/c it was hitting the aluminum plate...so I need a chassis that will allow the shock to mount back outta the way and stay stretched a little. Any ideas what I could use? I was thinking about this------> http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=602
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If you want to stick with the stock chassis, HPI has one in black that you can buy also. Here is a link to it http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/85266/
scrooloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109R View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a new chassis for my King b/c I broke the fabbed up plastic thing that the truck had when I got it in trade....I'm looking to go semi-scale but I'd like to keep the Tranny clocked and I have an aluminum servo plate (the one on the front axle)...I tried using the stock chassis, but when I put the front axle in, the spring on the right shock was binding b/c it was hitting the aluminum plate...so I need a chassis that will allow the shock to mount back outta the way and stay stretched a little. Any ideas what I could use? I was thinking about this------> http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=602
Do you have any pics so we can better understand your problem? Or just remount the shock a little further back on the chassis.
thehopping1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I dont have any pics. I tried finding a good spot to mount the shock further back on the stock chassis,but it was way too far back to work... Sorry guys, Im not the best at explaining things lol... what are some good aftermarket chasssis on the market?
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Just jump it!

You can rotate the stock mounts 90 degrees. That will help with the binding issue.
Or put the servo in the middle.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote