Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Dual motor question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dual motor question

I was wondering if running a Traxxas E-Maxx dual motor set up with twin 55t Integy motors would help my stall issue. I noticed if I got in a little bit of a bind the truck would stall. I'm running the stock WK trans, 55t Integy, and 11t pinion. The truck just doesn't seem to have enough low end grunt to it. The Spur gear is pretty huge I'm assuming it's the stock one but not sure. I read that you want a small pinion and a large spur for good low end torque I know you lose wheel speed. I'm not to worried about that I just want tobe able to pull this monster out of a bind.

For the dual motor setup I have almost everything X2 55t Integy motors, EVX Esc, X2 1800 battery packs, only thing I'm missing is the E-Maxx motor/trans setup, Or should I just get a Axial trans?

Kinda in a bind here I don't know how much longer I can stand the stalling so all feed back is welcome
LeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'd give the HPI gear reduction unit a try before going to the hassle of swapping trans and chassis.
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

When i first got mine (used). it had a hpi gear reducer on it and that slowed it down alot. so i took it off and ran the wk with motor to tranny and it had no torque at all. so i dont know if you have that for yours. but if not that helps alot.
LabRat 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
Just jump it!

I would try a Holmes Hobbies motor ( Or a good motor) first. Thats all i run now. I tend to break more parts cause somethings gotta give!!
I run a intergy 35 on my sons rig with 2 s lipo just so he wont break stuff!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Try volgting up first, going to an small 9.6v parkflier pack in mine made a huge difference in how it ran, if you can jump to an 11.1v pack DO IT!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Try investing in good quality batteries. The 1800mAh you have are not enough I think. The cheap 3300 mAh ones are a bit better. I have snapped a few parts due to using these cheapos and even more once I got good ones
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote