Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: wheels and BL system for my "Hybrid King"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #1

Question wheels and BL system for my "Hybrid King"

I call it my Hybrid king because I'm using the rear upper and lower links from the Nitro Monster king and the front blocks and springs from a Crawler King, with T-Maxx 2.5 shafts cut to length. My truck isn't a crawler but a basher.

The wheel base is a bit linger than stock with the rear links longer than the front (I know, it's weird) and I need some wheels that are just slightly wider than stock to clear the body. The wider stub axle kits I've seen on the market are too wide for my taste. I'm looking for about a half inch total. The wide RPM revolvers are listed to be 7mm offset which is perfect, but I'm not sure what that 7mm is in comparison to. This truck is a basher so I'm not really looking for beadlocks, but not totally opposed to them either.

My second question is in regards to a brushless system. I had a Castle Sidewinder 4600kv combo in there for a while and it was crazy fast and torquey and it's now in my friend's Slash. I'm looking hard at the Traxxas Velineon 3500kv combo, but I also really like the LRP Eraser ESC as it's waterproof and sensored, and comes in 2,200kv and 2,800kv combos and is priced nicely. I have a Blitz slipper installed and the small wheely bar wheel from my Savage Flux on the back, so no worries there.

And just for the sake of pondering, has anyone considered making a custom top shaft and mounting a super-low KV brushless outrunner directly to the transmission without using any pinion, spur, or slipper? I know it sounds like a disaster but I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks in advance for any advise and any input on the LRP stuff.
ozzynichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links