Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket servo mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Aftermarket servo mount?

I know there are alot of DIY servo mount options out there, but which vendor has a low profile axle mount for sale? I've checked the usual sources, but didn't find much. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I bought a Hot Racing WK servo mount and cut and hached at it and redrilled the mounting holes untill it was as low as it could be. The servo was so low, it was touching the axle pumkin. It worked good, but took some time and a Dremel to get it that way.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #3

This one is not low profile but i plan to buy 2 of them because I want to put in 4WS.
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-alu...2e83cf8035224b
It comes with the alum. steering arm. It is also some what cheep. It might hit the top of the chassis though. I have built a custom chassis and it is shorter so i dont have that problem.
CrawleR ModdeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Check eBay
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Default Dont Buy

This 1 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-WHEELY-KING-...item51901d582e

Cause youl have to move one shock back then your going to have to move both back its not worh it. It cheaper but still not worh it. Hmm but mine seem to work well with it so maybe it is worh it lol
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

It's ten times more rewarding to make one yourself, and you can have it exactly the way 'you' want it. If your skills are'nt up to the task, find a buddy that has tools and know how, make a card template and get him to make it, simple solution!
Here is a link to a number of templates and different designs, find the closest one you like and go from there.....Free WK servo mount templates
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
It's ten times more rewarding to make one yourself, and you can have it exactly the way 'you' want it. If your skills are'nt up to the task, find a buddy that has tools and know how, make a card template and get him to make it, simple solution!
Here is a link to a number of templates and different designs, find the closest one you like and go from there.....Free WK servo mount templates
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I completely agree with making things yourself, but with three rigs in the works I was hoping to find a nicely machined piece ready to bolt up. Spare time is short, and the "to do" list is long .
Old 03-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Check ckrc they have a great website and lots of parts for wks also great customer support I took a quick at their web site and they might have what u want.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Found this one from RCGUY.COM, should be just what I need.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

http://www.billet-works.com/hpi_wheely_king

This is the best one I've seen, gets the servo down pretty low and gives you a battery mount and four link mounts front and rear, all in one package. That is of course, if you want to go four link.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Sometimes, I make things.

I can't pull links off my ebay app on my phone but if you plan to keep your WK stock there is a nice mod free kit listed on there I plan to pick up. If fits w/o any mods and uses the stock plastic steering cross brace. Search for:

Center Steering 4 Stock HPI Wheely King RC Level3 WK-08

This kit doesn't require and shock mods or link changes, it looks like a nice kit as long as you don't plan to put a super strong servo on it, with it just mountiing to the 2 top bolts around the diff a super high torque servo may put a hurtin on it but for a more budget friendly servo it looks like a really nice option.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote