Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: My first 4x4 rc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #1

Default My first 4x4 rc

I finally traded my nightmare of a nitro rc for a electric rc truck, I am new to the electric 4x4 rc thing tho. I traded a TA rc10gt for a wheely king that has been customized. I think i got a good deal on the trade only down fall is i didn't get a remote set up. So heres my first question is WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD CHEEP REMOTE SET UP TO START OUT WITH? From what i know the frame was stretched 3in from the stock one, it also came with a working wench and a pretty hacked l.e.d body other then that i dont know much about the truck, so anyone could drop in an help me out id appreciate it a lot. Like i said i am new to the electric rc thing Iv only dealt with nitros in the past. Heres some pics of my new truck.

XXXFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My first 4x4 rc

For a super cheap (and pretty decent) radio system check out the FlySky FS-GT3B. I run my Ridgecrest with it and it's nice. You can also buy one that's been hacked and has a ton of more options and channels. I also just ordered an Axial AE-2 ESC for my Wheely King/ Crawler King as the one in my Ridgecrest has been holding up well and the drag brake on it works great. Plus I already have a Castle Link for programming options.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #3

ive looked at the flysky set up before but i didn't know if they was any good. As for the rest for what you are talking about you lost me, im only looking for a 2 channel for now lol i just wana get it up and running before i bother about anything ease.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Products - OverkillRC

way more features than original radio. similar futabas and spektrums sell for like hundreds more. great radio for the price, and allows room for expanded use; radio controlled winch, 4ws, lights, etc
jaytet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #5

Thanks for that. Now what options should I get. There's so many choices kinda confusing. Will that come with the receiver on the truck to or what every you call it? I'm kinda excited to get it running.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I don't know much about the fly sky radio other then everyone I know who has one loves them. I use spectrum radios they work well but they are a little more expensive. If you get a new radio you will have to swap out the receiver to one that works with the radio. A new radio should come with a new receiver. I love my wheely kings and if you have any questions feel free to pm me your questions.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
RCC Addict

go with the flysky 3 channel , for 50 bucks there well worht it and rx are 7 bucks. had mine for 3 tears and still giong strong. i use it on 3 different rigs
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Anybody know who makes that frame? That would be the ticket for custom battery mounting. I'm getting a bit annoyed at trying to find lipos that fir the stock WK/CK battery box.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I just take the top off the battery tray and but a strap over it to keep my battery in place.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I would have done that but the ESC is mounted on the top of the battery box. I'll figure out a solution eventually.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #11

this frame was custom cnc 4in longer then stock one of one.