Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: My 4x4 King

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My 4x4 King

Heres my wheely king, with a 13in wheelbase. Running ballooned stick elecs, and a Trx 2055 servo.

Not much of a build up, pretty much just stretched it with 8-32 link and revo ends. I then just extended the stock upper link with 4-40 rod and a lock nut. Runs pretty good, just need to tune my suspension. I also have moab 2.2s waiting on rims.

I've posted pics on a lot of forums, why do they show up like this?
lowblueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Did you mount the servo anywhere different? And did you use the stock servo saver, or just a steering arm? I want to use the servo from my E-Maxx on my Wk too.

Did you use the "IMG Code" code on ur picts?

4x4dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

On the pictures I did click on the "Insert Image" icon and paste the url in the little pop up.

Yes I used the stock servo saver. It seems like it will hold up to my driving. The stock steering does not let the tires turn anywhere close to full lock. I then swapped the servo with an old 2055 I had and it still did the same thing, very limited steering. I then swapped out radio gear to my old TQ and now it turns about twice as much as it did with the stock radio.

One thing I will change is the steering links on the front axle, they are very flexible and seem like they let the steering be a little off.

And I used the stock upper link, just extended it by using 4-40 rod and a lock nut to make it longer.....this isnt very strong and I will change it to a 4 link when I feel like tearing into it or when it breaks.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Wish I had a TQ reciever laying around.. Guess I'll just have to get a Hitec servo. I agree about the Steering linkage, maby some aluminum tubing would be good.
4x4dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Good start, but I'd get your wb down to 12.5" it'll look better and if you want to compete someday you're already part way there. Complete TQ3 radios are available pretty cheap...lot's of T-Maxx and Revo guys upgrade and just have the old radio laying around. Or there is at least one vendor on here that sells them.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Yeah I will probably get the wheelbase down to about 12 in. It is a tad too long on the rear, so when I do the 4 link, I will shorten it up a little.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

VERY NICE!!!..Thats more what my next WK is gonna look like....
1RCbasher2NV is offline   Reply With Quote