Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: learned few things today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Talking learned few things today

well i finally got to get to one of my favorite spots to crawl i always went there with my nylints and there is alittle mud in there and i never could try one line i always wanted to try. so i took the wheely king up it and thought it would be cool to come down it so i started down and thats when the fun happened. it came down and since the stock esc dont really have brakes it went into rebound.:-( and when it did sent it for a nice tumble down the hill and landed in a mud hole that i have been stuck in several times in my 1:1 truck well i wasnt bout to go swimming that was lesson #1 learned time to upgrade esc. so i just gassed it and it came out of the major stuff and got in some sticky mud lesson #2 learned moabs suck fawkin nuts in mud the mashers did ten times better. so lesson #3 learned is next time we go back mashers are goin on the truck and the camera will to all i have is what i took when got home with my cell phone hope ya like. oh and lesson #4 the stock servo doesn't like mud and water

four wheel peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

yeah a new esc is next on my list. I have gone for a tumble also because of it.
wkcrawler4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks GREAT!

Sometimes i want to get another wk just so i can beat the snot out of it and keep a nice crawler on the side for when i don't feel so destructive.

i am reading up on esc's as well...
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yep. I'm getting a Mamba Max ASAP. Learned at Green River that there is no stopping the stock ESC on a hill, it just rolls away.
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The stock ESC is horriable. I just upgraded mine to a Traxxas XL-5 ESC sice I didn't have the $$$ for a Mamba Maxx. It has brakes and a doubble pump reverse and isn't that expensive.
4x4dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i am looking into gettin a xl-5 to how is that workin out for you 4x4 dodge man i dont want to clean this thing i think its worse than cleaning a real truck lol
Old 06-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

funny you should say that, i was JUST looking at the mamba max at tower. 135 for the esc or 212 for the motor and esc.

running a 45t integy now. i am thinking the combo is the best bet
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

it looks nice covered in mud. id realy like to see some action pics os it in the mud.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by four wheel peel View Post
i am looking into gettin a xl-5 to how is that workin out for you 4x4 dodge man i dont want to clean this thing i think its worse than cleaning a real truck lol
The XL-5 works great. I like it alot more than the stock one. It allways stays cool and the brake feature is great. With the xl-5 you can be going down a hill and use the brakes all the way down at whatever speed you want. If you can afford the Mamba Maxx then go with that, they are the best.
4x4dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

well right now i am on a budget and my buddy has a stampede i am pretty sure i can get off him cheap the xl-5 is what comes on those right?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

well took her back out today but put the f-350 cab truck body started making on it and found out i need to make new body hole which sux cause its done got few million in it but here is few action pics she was stuck in the two mud pics but i suffered some damage today two tires came unglued and the servo finally went out so guess ill be puttin the hitec in as soon as i get me a servo mount template and the whole truck id just gummed up needs alot of cleaning but here few pics and yes i know they suck they are fropm my phone