Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Higher or Lower?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Higher or Lower?

I built a chassis out of alum. so i'm not useing the stock chassis but i am useing the stock servo mount in the stock location up high.I seem to be having some linkage problems.It turns all the way right till the tires just barely rub the shock spring.But to the left it comes up short by about 1/4 inch.So i was thinking about putting the servo on the axle useing harley's template that way there would be less places for a problem with the linkage and more servo power to turn with.The problem is i run in a bit of water/mud and in winter the snow quite a bit so it gets wet around the front axle and i don't want to ruin my servo by getting it wet.Is there something to reliably waterproof the servo?Should i just keep it up high out of the wet?Is there a better way to mount the servo high and have good steering?Let me know how you run your's and what works good for you.
ridgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Could be that your servo is not centered correctly. Your servo horn could also be off by a spline or two. If your using a transmitter with steering EPA's you could adjust it out. I am using the stock linkage still with a high torque servo in the back now since I swapped ends of the chassis. It all works fine. My radio has EPA's on the steering too.
Attached Images

themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Could also be that the lower steering linkage from the chassis to the axle is now the wrong length too. Had that problem when I flipped my WK's chassis.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thank you for all the feedback it was a great help.BJoe,Yup the lower steering linkage was a tad bit to long about 1/8 inch.All is good now i'm useing the futaba 3010 and it is working fine now.
ridgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote