Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Receiver and stock transmitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Receiver and stock transmitter

I think I may have fried my receiver (don't ask) and I was wondering does anybody know of a receiver I can purchase that will match the stock radio. Forgive my ignorance if this is too easy a question or if it just can't be done.

Sean
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I took my stock w/k esc and put it in my 1/18 pro-pulse with the stock pro-pulse receiver and it works fine.So i don't see why a 2 ch rec.wouldn't work,as long as the crystal in the radio is the same as the rec.hope this can help you.
ridgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
RCC Addict

the wheely king comes with a 2 year warranty so call up hpi tell them you have a wheely king and for some reason after a couple runs the receviever doesnt work anymore.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
I think I may have fried my receiver (don't ask) and I was wondering does anybody know of a receiver I can purchase that will match the stock radio. Forgive my ignorance if this is too easy a question or if it just can't be done.

Sean
I dont think it is the receiver itself. I think it is the controller. Only reason i think that is because i have had 3 of them & all of them took a dump on me. I now use my traxxas tq radio with the stock crystal & it works fine. If i put the same crystal in the stock radio, it does not work. the truck gliches, takes off on its own, and acts possesed. i had my local shop send it off for me & get a replacement (the 1st time) the replacement lasted about a week, then BAM.... same $hit.... tried again with local shop sending off 2nd radio..... got the 3rd & a week later.. same $****...... now i have a brand new 4th one that is a paper-weight for my wk manual....

your best bet is try a different controller with your crystal in it & i bet it'll be fine......
TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Tonka Toy:

That's a very interesting observation. I did notice that my rig was acting funny prior to all these problems - glitchy/twitchy etc. I chaulked it up to low batteries in the TX as it occured mostly when I was about 20 feet from the crawler. That would explain some of the issues I encountered during my troubleshooting - like nothing would work which lead me to believe that the RX was fried as well. It might have been the TX all along!!!!

In the meantime, I did order a Traxxas Tq3 TX and RX which should be in next week. I also ordered a Moped and the Tower Pro mg945 just to round out my electronics overhaul. My 55t motor and 96/15 gears should be here soon.

Thanks for this - great food for thought!!!

Sean
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #6

would any transmitter with a crystal work?
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have had reciever issues and replaced it with a KO Propo and it works fine. Also using a Futaba 2PL with the rest of the WK stock electrics...no glitches but I intend to replace most of them anyway!
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default 27 MHz AM Radio Systems...

Most all 27 MHz AM radio systems and their crystals can be interchanged as long as they all using dual conversion receivers. Most all RTR stuff is dual conversion.
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote