Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: So Im getting a 4x4 WK...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #1

Default So Im getting a 4x4 WK...

So after spending 200 bucks, i have about another 200 with me right there, what do i get?

new battery? i heard the one you get with it is fine for beginners, but a 4200 nimh will really give it some bite!

new links? the plastic is strong, and the guy offered to dremel out the rear brace, but i think i will go with some aluminum links... which ones?

Im not totally sure if i want it to be a full on crawler, as i dont have too many rocks near me, but tons of hills with steep sides along with some sand dunes... also, i know the WK is 1/12 scale, and most turn it into a small 1/10th, but can i make it into a 1/10 without going to full on scale mode?

thanks in advance for any help
kyaphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

1/10 body that the WB fits!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyaphus View Post
So after spending 200 bucks, i have about another 200 with me right there, what do i get?

new battery? i heard the one you get with it is fine for beginners, but a 4200 nimh will really give it some bite!

new links? the plastic is strong, and the guy offered to dremel out the rear brace, but i think i will go with some aluminum links... which ones?

Im not totally sure if i want it to be a full on crawler, as i dont have too many rocks near me, but tons of hills with steep sides along with some sand dunes... also, i know the WK is 1/12 scale, and most turn it into a small 1/10th, but can i make it into a 1/10 without going to full on scale mode?

thanks in advance for any help
On batteries the rating of 4200 mah will give you no more punch than a 1200 mah, but will give you 3 times the run time

more cells gives you punch not the MAH

so for more punch get more cells or higher discharge rate.
more wheel speed go to lower turn motor and higher gearing
and find a new 1/10th body

wont be a crawler but will be fast! and more wheel speed
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:08 PM   #4

well, im not a total noob, so i thought more mah would only give me more runtime not more power. the salesguy said "bite" so i guess thats the way i described it...

Im not looking for a full on crawler, more like a truck that is fairly speedy, but has the torque to power up huge dunes (i can go to the sleeping bear dunes which has dunes that are very steep and very tall )

and not to diss the WK, but i already see a TXT in the future
kyaphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

if your looking to just go sand duning the wk stock would work fine although you might want to extend the wb and put the battery over the front wheels but i think it would be great fun at the dunes just keepin' 'er stock .
and yes I would recomend a better battery.
good luck!
wolfattak is offline   Reply With Quote