Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: WK tranny gears?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default WK tranny gears?

Are there any options for gears for the tranny other than stock? I got a little ham handed on the throttle this morning when it was bound up and knocked most of the teeth off two of the gears in the tranny, which amuses me to no end considering I do *not* have the slipper locked. Of course, if there's someone out there that thinks I should just scrap the wk tranny and get something else, I'd be open to suggestions on that too. Eventually either this tranny, or what I replace it with will land in the tuber I'm going to build once I have my hands on another working crawler (read, when my AX-10 gets here).
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I dont think there are any hopup replacements yet. I would just upgrade tp an r2 because of the size. Put the r2 in a tuber low and you can put in seats and the r2 might look like some sort of transfer case.
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I love my XX-T tranny. Tiny, strong, and it comes stock with sliders.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I would assume you are running a brushless setup, in which case i would stay away from the R2. The associated b3/4 trannies are beefy and small.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittohead View Post
I would assume you are running a brushless setup, in which case i would stay away from the R2. The associated b3/4 trannies are beefy and small.
Interesting information - I am in fact running brushless - so why stay away from the R2?
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

the R2 gets trashed pretty quick with a 28 or 30mm outrunner. If you are running a 22mm motor you are pretty safe. The r2 is nice though, if you are running the mamba max you could add a lot of punch control to reduce the hard knocks on the tranny from hamfisted throttle squeezing.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Didnt think of that part. Sorry.Are the gears really weak or something? Or is it geared too low for that much power? I need something cheap and usuable as a transfer case would the xxt tranney be could and where can I get it or asseble it?
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cembom View Post
Didnt think of that part. Sorry.Are the gears really weak or something? Or is it geared too low for that much power? I need something cheap and usuable as a transfer case would the xxt tranney be could and where can I get it or asseble it?
You can get them on ebay for fairly cheap. If you get one that came with dog bones you will need part number: LOSA3095 these are the slider outputs. They are $3-4 for a set so its not a big deal. I'm running t-maxx shafts.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote