Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: back in the game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #1

Default back in the game

hey guys. its been a while since i even touch an rc car. july to be exact. i picked up a jato 3.3 and raced on road oval for a bit. didnt like it. So i still have my WK. I want to build it so i can play in the snow. but i want to keep it 2wd. so what shall i do
Hemi-maxx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

ummm...waterproof it, then I think you'd be good
rcdudegermy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I never had good luck with 2wd in snow. My clod was great in everything as long as it could get a little bite. Most of the snow around here is wind packed powder. Half of the time it packs up enough that the clod wouldn't sink more than an inch if at all. The wide tires help it float on top and reversing the chevron treads so they scooped the snow under and to the center of the treads helped float them. With out the front end pulling it's own weight, the rear will just dig down no matter which way the treads are going.

Make it 4wd and waterproof it. Try it 2wd and if works for you and your happy leave it but I'd convert to 4wd. Turn the electronics off, unplug the battery and shake out most snow before you go back inside. Once you're inside set the truck upside so the rest of the snow and condensation that will form don't collect on any of the circuit boards. Leave it that way for a few hours, overnight preferably. That worked for me for 4 years and I never burnt up anything. None of the electronics were of the waterproof variety. I just ran a bead of Shoo Goo around the case seams. I usually ran mine when it was in the teens faren. or colder. 10 minutes is a long when it's -20F outside. I didn't run when it was at a melting temp or wet. I waited until it was colder and let the truck cool off for a couple minutes before I ran that way the snow didn't melt as soon as it hit the truck and I could run hot motors and really agressive gearing with out overheating the ESC.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote