Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: WK battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default WK battery

Careful with the stock wk battery... mine almost caught on fire

good thing they are gearing up to sell the wk w/o the useless stock electronics. I woulda been pissed if my car had caught on fire.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Thats why I soon ditched mine for some 3000mah nimh packs. The stock one wouldn't charge and I found the same problem.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I wish the electronics-less version was available when I bought mine. It still bothers me that I basically payed $230 for a pair of axles. I replaced the trans with a ax-10 unit, sw3, jr radio, etc... If I had to do it again I would have just bought the axles piecemeal. I like the axles a lot, they're pretty sturdy and I actually like the extra width quite a lot. Fact remains, I would have at least liked to have got some use out of the battery. HPI needs to get on this; such blatant quality issues are just unacceptable. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow, this just happened yesterday. Granted, maybe that battery wasn't designed for a novak brushless 4300 and a super sport esc in a stadium truck, but thats beside the point. The problem was not the cells failing from too much current draw, the bar self destructed because it's a cheap piece of crap. There's just no excuse.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote