Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: rock crawling spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Talking rock crawling spot

gtg tomorrow sunday anybody interested please let me know it's by the dump i think it's called pikle butte went out today to look for a place cause i think the one spot off of star rd. might be too muddy,me and my wife went my friend loyd met me there and we had a blast tons of rocks nice formations really nice trails and also some cliffs for the crawlers it has it all you can even run the fast trucks like my e savage my dogs we having a blast ,chasing the trucks and also running wild, hopefully i can get some pics up.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
ftr
Pebble Pounder

I wish i could make it tomarrow but i have a chit ton of bodies to paint, Softball practice, and then its Daytona 500 time. And then after that....more painting.
Let me know how it goes and post up some pics if you can.

Have you checked out by Lizard Butte by Marsing? I'm sure there are some nice rock formations out there as well.
ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I am in let me know what time and were we are going to meet out there. I ma not sure if there is a curton spot to meet out there but if there is it would be great to have one meeting spot. I don't really want to drive all the way to the Karcher mall since it is closer for me to just drive strieght there from Kuna.

SO what will the meeting place be and time.
if you can post direction again to the spot we will be driving it will help.
I do beleave if he is not to busy making wheels Createacrawler (troy) might meet us there as well talk to him today at work and said he might be able to get away for a little while.
Any time will work for me. Morning beter

Last edited by Kingoftherock; 02-16-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Kingoftherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
RCC Addict

the spot is right in front of the landfill theres a sign that says firing range closed if you go to the east of that sign theres an entrance if you look to the right you will see a big antenna we are just about 100 yrds south of that.i hope you have a truck cause the entrance is a bit muddy ,let me know if you need any more directions the landfill is on missuori rd .we are thinking about 11am hopefully you guys can make it at that time also don't forget your chargers if i need to i'll take my generator and if anybody has a descent video camera please bring it .hope to see you all there . thanks jaime
Old 02-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

11 will work for me I will be there. I have a charger that run off a car battery. I also went today to team doweys and pick up a 2500 battery so I will have my stock WK and my new one. I will let Troy know and might meet us there.

thank you for setting this up. hope to see good turn out.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
RCC Addict

does your wk have deans ? i will probably have a couple of 3600's with me.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

no it has the wk stock plug. well I don't beleave it is a deans plug but the plug that I see most of the truck using.
ALso just so you guys know I am new at this and not really that good but just want to have fun and see what you guys are running.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

we are all new to this also it's more of a gtg ,to have fun and just keep getting better at driving and tweeking our trucks so that they perform better ,also to share ideas on what works.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I am on my way to do my first GTG