Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: It's been waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooo long

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default It's been waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooo long

Since SCRC got together. Really itchin right now. AAAAAHHHHHH we need some more comps SOON.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I just wanna crawl! Maybe we could get together down by me with Jeff(addicted) and maybe strat too!? Could try out Jeff's backyard course?!! Or hit the underpass?
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
MWRCA'er

I hear you, I've been itching to crawl for weeks now. Dang rain seems to come every weekend.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

lets see, I tried to put a GTG together last weekend so we could check out Lockport for a comp....noone but me showed. The meeting is this weekend, you can use the indoor course (although I know the slot car track is there)
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

This weather has been ricockulous! Now they predict this weekend is going to be crappy? With poor weather conditions, high gas prices and busy schedules it's been difficult to get out for some crawlin lately :-(

I'm looking into the possibility of having a comp by me at Busse Woods, I found that the Forest Preserve District is somewhat RC friendly, actually posting locations and detail for RC flying and boating areas throughout the Burbs, but no mention of restrictions or designated areas for RC cars and trucks, but they also ask that "Special Event Activities" are applied for at least 21 days prior to the "event" which is somewhat unclear what an "event" actually is. I will call and discuss with someone today (if possible), and I'm hoping that we won't need to apply.

What do you guys think about having a comp here in Elk Grove Village?

****UPDATE****

I just found out that we will not need any special permits or anything if we keep the number of people under 24, and they are mainly concerned about "special activities" interfering with picnics and/or the bicycle trail, or groups bringing amplified equipment, beverages trucks, tents, port-o-toilets etc. So basically if we keep our group under 24 (or close to) and we don't anger anyone (nobody complains) and we don't bring along any keg-o-rators or similar items we should be good for a comp

Last edited by Ced RC; 04-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
This weather has been ricockulous! Now they predict this weekend is going to be crappy? With poor weather conditions, high gas prices and busy schedules it's been difficult to get out for some crawlin lately :-(

I'm looking into the possibility of having a comp by me at Busse Woods, I found that the Forest Preserve District is somewhat RC friendly, actually posting locations and detail for RC flying and boating areas throughout the Burbs, but no mention of restrictions or designated areas for RC cars and trucks, but they also ask that "Special Event Activities" are applied for at least 21 days prior to the "event" which is somewhat unclear what an "event" actually is. I will call and discuss with someone today (if possible), and I'm hoping that we won't need to apply.

What do you guys think about having a comp here in Elk Grove Village?

****UPDATE****

I just found out that we will not need any special permits or anything if we keep the number of people under 24, and they are mainly concerned about "special activities" interfering with picnics and/or the bicycle trail, or groups bringing amplified equipment, beverages trucks, tents, port-o-toilets etc. So basically if we keep our group under 24 (or close to) and we don't anger anyone (nobody complains) and we don't bring along any keg-o-rators or similar items we should be good for a comp

ROCK ON!!
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaracing View Post
I just wanna crawl! Maybe we could get together down by me with Jeff(addicted) and maybe strat too!? Could try out Jeff's backyard course?!! Or hit the underpass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
yep My back yard is all muck and Havent had much time to even poop let alone add on to the course. But it's getting there

Not much luck in finding rocks that don't cost a ton and this gas is freakin killin me.

Last edited by addictedtonitro; 04-29-2008 at 06:08 AM.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

that is a nice course you have there
wrcfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Dude i'll start bringin home some BIGGER rocks for the course from work and by the speed shop!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcfan29 View Post
that is a nice course you have there
Thanks, I'm shooting for about 2 feet higher and another branch off to the left with maybe abridge inbetween the 2. Hard to describe But I can picture it lol
Quote:
Dude i'll start bringin home some BIGGER rocks for the course from work and by the speed shop!
sweet I need them bad! I can't find crap. I even posted on craigs list and joliet freecycle.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

sweet I need them bad! I can't find crap. I even posted on craigs list and joliet freecycle.[/quote]

Will do on the rocks! What the heck is joliet freecycle?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
sweet I need them bad! I can't find crap. I even posted on craigs list and joliet freecycle.
Will do on the rocks! What the heck is joliet freecycle?[/quote]
a group on yahoo that you can post and want stuff. It's all free. here's a link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Joliet_Area_Freecycle/