Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: HT naperville closing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default HT naperville closing

Yup you read right, we built the course and now the doors are closing. May 18 is the last day... Everything in the store is 50% off retail...I went in today and bought way too much stuff that I dont need (3 axial axles...who needs 3???? lol). Anyway, go get what you can while you can, run the course 1 last time.(play with the slotcar track) I started hauling the rocks out today but was only able to get the biggest stuff, not sure I have room for all the rock anyway so we will see what we can do. Also if someone wants the concrete section it can be cut apart relativly easy. We will need a new place for meetings and someplace that will let us setup an indoor course... Zach will be going to another HobbyShop (cant remember the name) but, they dont have room for an indoor course :( Well, just thought I would let everyone know the bad news
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

That is just SAD....unfortunately I cannot say that I am surprised.

Last edited by xirtic; 05-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for posting Jeff. I sad that the place is closing but thats the only way I would be able to get away.

Now on the the good news! I will be working at Hills Hobby shop in Buffalo Grove! I have a lot of ideas and things planed out that will cater to ya crawler guys! I can't wait to start working! Just so you know. You'll get the same discount and anyother perks as ya got in Naperville.
jeepguy7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Wow

I'm sorry to hear this, I wish the best for everyone negatively affected by this.

Hill's Hobby Shop Buffalo Grove Zach? That's one helluva drive for you isn't it?
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

na only a little bit further then Napalmville. I lived in that area for about 10 years and have a lot of family near there. Plus the Girlfriend is over there.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #6
MWRCA'er

Sucks to see it go. I knew it was coming though they had nothing in stock last time.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:50 AM   #7
RCC Addict

A few weeks ago ran over to VENTURE hobbies in Buffalo Grove, and spotted the HILLS HOBBIES only a few blocks away. It looks like HILLS has a good location. I hope that they find a solid way market themselves against VENTURE. Venture does not really cater to the car/truck crowd as much as they are going after the planes, but they have been there FOREVER. I hope for the best for all of them. Looking forward to seeing what HILLS has in the works. For me, the great thing is that HILLS is just as far from my home as HT Naper was.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy7891 View Post
Thanks for posting Jeff. I sad that the place is closing but thats the only way I would be able to get away.

I wasnt going to but, when I went to the shop and there were the big signs covering the windows I figured it was fair game. I actually seriously have been considering buying the shop because Im sure with proper management (and about $30k in stock) it could be a good store.....but, Im afraid it might have already secured a bad name from never having stock.

Im glad to hear that Zach already has a new Job and Jay is happy to be leaving. Im a little erked about the work I did on the course but, I knew it was a risk. I realy hate seeing our winter comp series leaving...

Just so you guys know.... I bought about 80-90% of the crawler stuff already... there was a bunch of memory foam left and some rc4wd stuff (r2's for $45 how can you go wrong)
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #9

No winter crawling sad :(

I was there last night with my son Vin, 85% of the good stuff is gone Planes/heli's/Nitro cars & trucks/Lipo's/Servo's Ax10 section was pretty much dead just the parts that dont make it on a comp crawler was left

I only really use to go there to crawl, they never had any parts I needed when I needed it for AX10, TC3, Micro T, Raptor 30, tt01, T Rex 450 se v2, Tires, Bodies so kinda seen it comming

but its still sad, hope the out come turns out well for them all
383Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383Stroker View Post
No winter crawling sad :(

Ax10 section was pretty much dead just the parts that dont make it on a comp crawler was left
Hmmm wonder where all the good stuff went
Old 05-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I was JUST there about 30 minutes ago. Radios are GONE, Servos are pretty much gone, no helis, almost no planes, 1 R2 Trans, Some tires, a few basic chargers, a few boodies, lots of parts on the walls, lots of stock axial parts. It just feels sad.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
I was JUST there about 30 minutes ago. Radios are GONE, Servos are pretty much gone, no helis, almost no planes, 1 R2 Trans, Some tires, a few basic chargers, a few boodies, lots of parts on the walls, lots of stock axial parts. It just feels sad.

So just like when they werent closing???
Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
A few weeks ago ran over to VENTURE hobbies in Buffalo Grove, and spotted the HILLS HOBBIES only a few blocks away. It looks like HILLS has a good location. I hope that they find a solid way market themselves against VENTURE. Venture does not really cater to the car/truck crowd as much as they are going after the planes, but they have been there FOREVER. I hope for the best for all of them. Looking forward to seeing what HILLS has in the works. For me, the great thing is that HILLS is just as far from my home as HT Naper was.

If everything goes well josh we should be ok.