Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Leisure Hours course build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Leisure Hours course build?

Well just curious how many of the SCRC members want to get their hands on helping Bernie at Leisure Hours build the crawlin course? Or anyone else that would like to help that live close enough to the track? He said he's gonna work on it this week! Jeff, Josh, Matt any of ya got the time to help? Had to ask cause it seems like nobody seems interested in doing anything there since Jeff said they're gonna charge to go to a comp or practice maybe free, the more help we give Bernie with the course the better off it'll be for us I think? I'm gonna try to get there and help him out so it will get done soon!

Matt
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I would like to come help but, I am swamped for the next serval weeks (well half the summer). I know it has to discourage people that for 1 they are going to charge for comps and their comps will be competing with ours and 2 that they realy are just dumping a pile of rocks. I understand that they got the rock for free and its easy and they want to see if it will take off before they put anything into it but, my thought is, look at how overbored they went with the on-road cars... If they put even $200 into some concrete to lock stuff together, they could make that back in 1 comp... Rant over
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I am free after NOON on Saturday OR Sunday during the day. During the week I am just BOOKED with work....and I am VERY far from Joliet. But I could do NOON - ?? this Saturday OR Sunday 9am-?? ...I just cannot do both...got a wife. LOL. Let me know if any of these times would be helpful.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
I would like to come help but, I am swamped for the next serval weeks (well half the summer). I know it has to discourage people that for 1 they are going to charge for comps and their comps will be competing with ours and 2 that they realy are just dumping a pile of rocks. I understand that they got the rock for free and its easy and they want to see if it will take off before they put anything into it but, my thought is, look at how overbored they went with the on-road cars... If they put even $200 into some concrete to lock stuff together, they could make that back in 1 comp... Rant over
I knew that is what kinda response i'd get from you Jeff, I know that it's hard to see having to pay for it BUT the way I see it that's what it will come to over time. They have a raceway there and not a THE hobby store itself to make their money from. Yeah I know they spent a lot on the road cousre but they have a following of on-road guy's from the parking lot racing years ago. I know you like the concrete thing but they want to see how this will take off before spending a buncha money on it, I like the rocks, the midwest nats looked to be all rock to me? I'm gonna try to help them as much as possible to get it going and anyone that wants to help can LMK. (my rant over)

Josh, if my weekends free up i'm gonna try to go out there then, I work 2nd shift so my mornins are kinda free and that's when i'm gonna try to help them. I also have a wife and 4 kids so my time is really limited! Also I knew you lived quite a ways from LHR so I wasn't expecting anyone from long distance to come down and help all the time, so no biggie, all help will be great! I'll see what weekends I can do and let ya know! Thanks for offering to help Josh!

Thanks!
Matt
Old 05-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Dont get me wrong, if I could find the time on a weekend I would go down and help them... they are after all giving free practices. I just wish they would put more into it. Like the saying goes, you get out what you put in. I know they are going to charge, knew they would ever since I heard they were going to build it, thats how the raceway makes its money and I have no problem with it... I just wish they would put some money into it...
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm available Saturday afternoons and most Sundays. I'm only about 40 minutes from Leisure Hours too.

Matt
BagoXCAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaracing View Post
Well just curious how many of the SCRC members want to get their hands on helping Bernie at Leisure Hours build the crawlin course? Or anyone else that would like to help that live close enough to the track? He said he's gonna work on it this week! Jeff, Josh, Matt any of ya got the time to help? Had to ask cause it seems like nobody seems interested in doing anything there since Jeff said they're gonna charge to go to a comp or practice maybe free, the more help we give Bernie with the course the better off it'll be for us I think? I'm gonna try to get there and help him out so it will get done soon!

Matt

Find out from Bernie if they are working on this Saturday after NOON (I have carpet cleaners at 9am at my house...will take 90 minutes), or on Sunday I am free all morning and afternoon. I will go down there if they intend on working on it. I can do either day...not both. I really want to help them get this moving...I just do not have a report with them to inquire about build times. I just need to figure this out soon so that I can appease the wife and her list of stuff to do.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
Find out from Bernie if they are working on this Saturday after NOON (I have carpet cleaners at 9am at my house...will take 90 minutes), or on Sunday I am free all morning and afternoon. I will go down there if they intend on working on it. I can do either day...not both. I really want to help them get this moving...I just do not have a report with them to inquire about build times. I just need to figure this out soon so that I can appease the wife and her list of stuff to do.
I'll try to PM Bernie before bed tonight and let ya know!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I will be out there tomorrow (Saturday) sometime between 11:30am and NOON.