Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Another Crawling spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #1

Default Another Crawling spot

I read a few of the threads about places that we could set up natural outdoor comps. To find out that most state and local parks are not very cooperative. so I started to think where will are hobby be appreciated and welcome and remembered a place that I wanted to go four wheeling at but didn't make it this summer. Was cliffs in Marsailles Il I think we could talk to the management of the facility and see if there could be a spot designated for us to crawl. being that cliffs is an off road park where jeeps and four wheelers and other types of off road vehicle's go to tear it up. I just thought if anyone would be interested. I will call and see if there would be anyway they would let us set up a comp or two this spring . Here's the web address if anyone would like to see any pictures of the facility Thanks again and hope to make it to a few comps next year.

Cliffs Off Road Park, The
2400 East Bluff St.
Marseilles, IL 61341
Park URL: www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
Email:
Phone: (815) 795-5200
Fax:
Nearest Town: Marseilles, IL
ebneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

welcome on board... check some of the previous threads... Ive been working with Kyle @ Badlands to put something together and looking at the cliffs... The thing with the cliffs is that the best area is the entrance to trail #1 and therefore out of teh question as it is their main trail.

Also, you get much better reception if you go talk in person... Badlands didnt take me serious till I went down and met with them. My Neighbors Best Friends Son (follow that) owns The Cliffs so Ive got a bit of an "in".

Last edited by jetboat; 12-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #3

ok thanks I didn't read any other threads I just thought of it well I hope there will be some other outdoor comps next year I can attend.
ebneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #4

hey guys im in im new to the boards but not rc been doing this for 15 years or so have lots of crawlers and only live 5min from the cliffs, i live in seneca please lmk if we can get this going and if theres anything i can do to help!
thanks,
derrick
d dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by d dogg View Post
hey guys im in im new to the boards but not rc been doing this for 15 years or so have lots of crawlers
Welcome to the scene

Can you make it to Naperville next Saturday for our comp? You can click on the link in my signature for Suburban Chicago Rock Crawlers for more detail. It would be good for you to meet everybody
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #6

If the Cliffs agree try to get there when its not dry.
the dust will kill ya
hyhflo is offline   Reply With Quote