I feel like I am not ready to compete 1 11.11%
Dates are bad 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: comp attendance drop poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default comp attendance drop poll

Please voice your opinion as to why attendance has dropped at the events this year.
LHR: 12
Busse: 14

Last year we averaged 20+

I have listed the reasons I can think of but, if there is something I am missing post up. Lets try to keep this to people that would normally attend, if our in New Mexico please dont post.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #2

with the economy as bad as it is I personally cannot afford to spend money on toys when i have to feed my family
ghosty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I am afraid that may be a common answer and not much we as a club can do about that :-(
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Had the same idea here. What you listed sounds like excuses you may have heard but I think you need to add:
"Put Hobby on hold due to economy"
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

my rig is still being set up for the year. waiting for my lipos to come in. and ben working on the dates. but hope to be at the next comp
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'd Have been there for both, but work and weather got in the way.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

why no "no complaints" option?
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

also to the person that voted and thinks they are not ready to compete... you gotta start somewhere. its a fairly freindly enviroment, most of the heckling is between people who know each other and is all in good fun. everybody helps you out when you are having trouble(hell, i was passing out spare parts at the last comp LOL). in 3 comps, i went from last place-ish to a win with a perfect score(not bragging, it was a fluke) so thinking you are not ready is just delaying the fun
Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojin View Post
also to the person that voted and thinks they are not ready to compete... you gotta start somewhere. its a fairly freindly enviroment, most of the heckling is between people who know each other and is all in good fun. everybody helps you out when you are having trouble(hell, i was passing out spare parts at the last comp LOL). in 3 comps, i went from last place-ish to a win with a perfect score(not bragging, it was a fluke) so thinking you are not ready is just delaying the fun

Your Braggin
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i did not want to unleash the wrath of the mighty RTR and hurt some feelings. yea right anyways i still have some parts to get some tuning to do.
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

There is no option for no complaints because: if you have no complaints you are prolly at the comp . Im trying to figure out what it will take to get more people at the comps. It worries me seeing only 12-14 guys at a comp when this is the second year of the club... if it was the first I would consider it a building time.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblrnut View Post
i did not want to unleash the wrath of the mighty RTR and hurt some feelings. yea right anyways i still have some parts to get some tuning to do.
my little brother is running an ARTR with only axle mount batterys and 4 link mounts. just come out and drive, doesnt matter what you have
Old 06-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojin View Post
X2 - good group of people we have here you gotta start somewhere and you will learn a lot by just seeing everything first hand versus reading about stuff here online.

Congrats on the performance too BTW, I don't think it was a fluke, maybe a little luck helped you with two flawless runs but you have obviously done your homework and put a lot of time and effort into it, good job
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

now i just need to find some sort of sponsor......
Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

you didnt see his runs... rolls it, keeps it pinned wide open and manages to get on his wheels lined up pefectly.

We do have a pretty good group. For the most part, everyone will help everyone. Take for instance when I broke my servo horn Sunday, at least 4 different people were checking to see if they had a spare. Several of us carry boxes of parts with us, for trucks we don't even run. Just in case someone needs them. And listen to all the advice that is given when people get into trouble on the course (unless its Bob telling me what to do)
Old 06-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

i rolled it on purpose, just to show my recovery skills i wasnt about to hit reverse and loose a point...
pin it to win it
Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
RCC Addict

It is most definately the economy. People are scared of losing their jobs or being cut back, investments were at a ten year low and family issues all have an effect on disposable income.

I don't think it's any of the choices you listed.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
RCC Addict

BTW, I want to thank whoever it was that had an Axial ball-end for me to fix my truck.

THANK YOU!!!
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Wink

Well speaking for myself I work on Saturdays. I don't own a 2.2 and really don't want to invest in one just for comps. I know that supers are popular with you guys but in most other areas of the country they seem to be sliding in popularity soo...

I run a scaler and a losi MRC.

I'm hoping to hit some of the scale GTG's/comps schedule willing.

I would like to say that maybe considering the economy as one reason maybe the club should try to get some more intrest generated in and outside the club in the MRC. It's costs are pretty reasonable compared to a 2.2 (no dig) cheaper tires, blah blah blah. I know that many of you have expressed the idea that they are nothing but toys but I really think maybe you should take another look. I know that many of the clubs in OH/PA are doing really well with the class from what I've been told just because of the costs. I mean with the kit-a lipo or two and a few frebie mods you might not win but you can sure be competetive. You can have a decent chance for around $300.00bucks. I know many of you are rolling your eyes right now but just look at how active the MRC forum section is. Look at how many companies are making aftermarket goodies.. They aren't doing it cause nobody is buying them or competing with them.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching. I think you guys do a great job and I really would like to thank Jet and the rest I don't know for all of your time investment!

peace

Last edited by WarTrader; 06-15-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: ran out of time
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
BTW, I want to thank whoever it was that had an Axial ball-end for me to fix my truck.

THANK YOU!!!
your welcome