Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #24941

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

nothing too crazy, wheels and gears. shit adds up tho... damn.

axial underdrive gears f&r, dlux modded big bearing front bulkhead & big bearing ar60. vanquish hexes, vanquish locker for rear. (also a pair of the big bearing ar60s for my cheater wraith)

vanquish method 105 2.2's with crawler innovation single stage foams and those voodoo u4 tires in ultra soft compound. vp .225 & .475 hubs, dlux brake rotors.

bluemonkey cvd kit with the spool.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #24942
Quarry Creeper

The terrain is more challenging than busse. More destructive. More beautiful.
Seemed unending. Really pretty stuff. I'll get my pics mailed to john and I'm sure others will pop up.

Great time.
Geoff got 2nd in class 2. John got in the ttc.
And my trucks did not break

Oh yea. Melons got ugly duckling!
Made some new friends. Saw some great trucks

Noobs trucks are gorgeous. Imthatguy. His trucks awesome.
Show and shine was great
As were the campground shenanigans. Sexy little hobby store girl too. It was fun to make her smile

Worth the drive in every way. Hope to get tix next year

Although. John from rc4wd said there will be 5 events of this scale next year all over the country
2.slowduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #24943
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys, have a technical question. I'm building a 1/6 scale, 1960's circa, Hasbro G I Joe jeep, and I'm using a wraith skid on scx10 rails. The screws that go in the skid to hold the lower links in, (according to the wraith instruction manual), are #AXA 087, M3 x 20 set screws. I purchased a set, and tried them out today, but they seemed loose when I screwed them all the way in. The wraith skid was purchased new, so the holes should be unused. When I looked at the inside hole, it looked larger than what an M3 should screw into. Just wondering if there is a larger diameter set screw available?, or am I supposed to put a nut there after it passes through the link?
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #24944
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
nothing too crazy, wheels and gears. shit adds up tho... damn.

axial underdrive gears f&r, dlux modded big bearing front bulkhead & big bearing ar60. vanquish hexes, vanquish locker for rear. (also a pair of the big bearing ar60s for my cheater wraith)

vanquish method 105 2.2's with crawler innovation single stage foams and those voodoo u4 tires in ultra soft compound. vp .225 & .475 hubs, dlux brake rotors.

bluemonkey cvd kit with the spool.
Sounds like you wanna start racing ..

Ye ha
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #24945
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Hey guys, have a technical question. I'm building a 1/6 scale, 1960's circa, Hasbro G I Joe jeep, and I'm using a wraith skid on scx10 rails. The screws that go in the skid to hold the lower links in, (according to the wraith instruction manual), are #AXA 087, M3 x 20 set screws. I purchased a set, and tried them out today, but they seemed loose when I screwed them all the way in. The wraith skid was purchased new, so the holes should be unused. When I looked at the inside hole, it looked larger than what an M3 should screw into. Just wondering if there is a larger diameter set screw available?, or am I supposed to put a nut there after it passes through the link?
On the wraith skid you have the 4 side holes on each side to bolt to chassis ..those are m3x20.. 8 total...

The lower links only use m3 x 16mm set screws (no head) the lead in is bigger it only treads into inside part after link goes in .

Upper links screw head goes against bigger hole side then just threads in no nut..

Last edited by bronc4now; 08-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #24946

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Sounds like you wanna start racing ..

Ye ha
i just want it to be burly and as bulletproof as possible while it sits on the shelf.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #24947
Rock Crawler

Gah, I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this dinky stuff. I've pulled the Jeep apart, checked it over, made adjustments, checked mesh a dozen times, test driven, etc. a lot over the last 3 days. And still, the center drive shaft between the GR7 and transfer case heats up... but its not rubbing anywhere!!
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #24948

did the pinion swap work on the axial axles chris?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #24949
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
did the pinion swap work on the axial axles chris?
Nope. Gotta use the 13t pinions that come with the 43t or 38t spur. They are not interchangeable (good job Axial).
Old 08-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #24950

im just going to swap the overdrives in my 2.2s with heavy duty standard gearsets and keep the underdriven rears.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #24951
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Gah, I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this dinky stuff. I've pulled the Jeep apart, checked it over, made adjustments, checked mesh a dozen times, test driven, etc. a lot over the last 3 days. And still, the center drive shaft between the GR7 and transfer case heats up... but its not rubbing anywhere!!
really

I have this dinky set up in my JK no issue at all.. Is the shaft on a steep angle?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #24952
Rock Crawler

I'd say that was a pretty fun weekend. Friday morning when I was just sitting around during class 1 runs I was sort of wishing I hadn't gone. Then class 3 started and it was a blast. Then class 2 was a blast. I forget how much fun the comps are when I haven't done one in a while!! This weekend sparked my interest a little again, maybe it's time to start working on the Chevy again.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #24953

i had fun last year just being around sooooo many little truck nerds.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #24954
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I'd say that was a pretty fun weekend. Friday morning when I was just sitting around during class 1 runs I was sort of wishing I hadn't gone. Then class 3 started and it was a blast. Then class 2 was a blast. I forget how much fun the comps are when I haven't done one in a while!! This weekend sparked my interest a little again, maybe it's time to start working on the Chevy again.
Sept Busse comp right around the corner
Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #24955
Rock Crawler

Well I'll be in Dallas that weekend, I cant make Busse. I didn't say anything before because it seemed to work for everyone else and I didn't want to mess up people's plans.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #24956
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Well I'll be in Dallas that weekend, I cant make Busse. I didn't say anything before because it seemed to work for everyone else and I didn't want to mess up people's plans.
Dont worry if all goes well there will be more.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #24957
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
On the wraith skid you have the 4 side holes on each side to bolt to chassis ..those are m3x20.. 8 total...

The lower links only use m3 x 16mm set screws (no head) the lead in is bigger it only treads into inside part after link goes in .

Upper links screw head goes against bigger hole side then just threads in no nut..
Thanks, Gary
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #24958
Rock Crawler

So I got my wheels back from the powder coater yesterday, finally...but the color didn't match!! Ahhh! Took them back this morning, he's redoing them for nothing. At least the guy is trying to make it right so that's good. I'm really hoping to get them back tomorrow or Thursday so I can get the tires mounted before the weekend. I'm ready to ride!!

So you know how I was all gung ho jeep a while back? I don't think I'm gung ho about it any more. That trip to the cliffs just killed it for me. It was a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but I can't stand all the damn mud on my truck. It's in my engine bay, its stuck in frame members, I keep finding it all over the damn place!! I like off road trucks, but I don't think mudding is for me. I prefer my trucks to stay mall crawlers and just look pretty! Haha.

I do still need to start looking for a new car though. I've got a little over 86,000 miles on my truck and I realize that's not a ton for a Toyota but I don't want to continue to run the miles up either. I love that thing and I want it to last me another 6 or 7 years. I've had it 6 years already. That's the longest I've ever owned a vehicle, LOL.

I was kind of thinking about looking at one of the new Stingrays! That is a LOT of car for the money. Hell they're not much more than something like a Tahoe. I know, I know...1st world problems. I was just thinking that maybe with a sports car I'd have less mud to clean off, ha.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #24959
Rock Crawler

Damn dude. Get a stingray and you are my hero!

I have a friend whose gf has a 70s stingray that she has been rebuilding. Nearly done. But gotta admit bit of jealousy on it.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #24960
Rock Crawler

My dad has a couple old ones...69 and 65. They've been half trying to sell the 69 for a while now. The sticker on a new, base model stingray is $54k. From what I hear Chevrolet is actually having a hard time keeping up with the demand and they're a little bit of a challenge to get. People are paying sticker price for them too. I'm not ready to buy right now so maybe that will calm down some. That's still a big chunk of cash I'd need to come up with. I'd finance it but I need the payment to be down around $500/mo. We'll see...I tend to change my mind almost as much as Rick.

Here is a video they made of the 69 about 4 years back. I feel like I've posted this before. If anyone is in the market, this would be a nice one!!

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame