Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Best crawling spot in NE Il?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Best crawling spot in NE Il?

I'm cross posting this from the scrc site... Thundervp found this spot and him and I went for a scout mission yesterday. It is very well hidden, we have lived right next to it for years and not known about it.

For most of the park it is covered in brush and would take some special permission to get it usable but, there are a couple spots that would be perfect all year long. The park is an old flagstone quarry from the 19th century. The only real issue I see, everything has to be packed in by hand and it wouldnt be a good spot for people of disability. There is an easy hiking trail that you could drag a wagon down but, it would be about a mile hike to do it that way. My vote is 2 comps here this yr and maybe a scaler gtg/comp at the park down the street.

Heres a shot of the absolute best place... can you see it?

attempt at panorama and this only shows 1 side. Im going to guess this 1 bank is 200' long and 10' tall at its tallest. Its right off the main trail so easy to get to and there is no vegitation grow over. about 50-75' down the trail is the perfect place to setup a tent/awning and have a pit area. With as little use as this park gets, we could prolly setup on the path and noone would notice.

Next to the "pit" area

Nothing special, just some rocks up by the main trail that would make a good scale spot

Some general pics of areas in the park

Last edited by jetboat; 04-18-2011 at 07:47 AM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Wow, that looks really nice! It's always hard to find good spots in this flat boring state we live in...LOL!

What town is this?
papakev01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Here are some of Brads pics:

This wall is about 15ft. tall.

we arent sure what town the park really resides in, its at the edge of Romeoville/Lemont/Bolingbrook.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Its on the south side of Bluff Rd. between Joliet Rd. & Lemont Rd. just west of I355. I believe the north side of Bluff is Lemont and the south side is Romeoville, so the park would be Romeoville, since Lemont is Cook Co. and its a Will Co. preserve, I think that must be right.
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Romeoville!
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I talked to Art briefly yesterday and he agreed that we should plan for a couple comps at this spot this year. Most likely back at the "bay" since it cant grow over and offered the most rock. Should make for interesting comping. If those spots on the top area dont grow over, we could have some killer scale runs.