Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Who's ready for FOTO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Default Who's ready for FOTO?

I am ready. I have both rigs completely waterproof, except the servo in the honcho but water has yet to hurt it. Also did some modifications to the Wraith.

CheckMyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2

Default Re: Who's ready for FOTO?

We have been working on our course. Hopefully our parts will be in, we are awaiting them to get here. If not we will be preparing on the spot this time.
grizzleyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMyBrain View Post
I am ready. I have both rigs completely waterproof, except the servo in the honcho but water has yet to hurt it. Also did some modifications to the Wraith.

That looks good, I have my servo underhood as well. If I was you I would add a guide for the servo line to pass thru. A rod end works well placed somewhere between the fairlead and winch servo for the winch line to pass thru. It'll take some of the stress off the servo. Also scrap those plastic steering links for metal, you'll be amazed at how much better the performance is on these wraiths without all the flexing links.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #4

My Wraith is completely stock aside from electronics. I'm toughing it out until the end of the season. I guess if there is a Fall Series I will have to whip it into shape but for now it's doing the job. My honcho is really my preferred rig. And it probably needs the winch more but it was too easy to put it in the Wraith. Winch on the Honcho was going to be an off season project as well. I didn't like how it worked out. I couldn't move the servo farther forward and I couldn't rotate it 180 degrees or the steer servo wouldn't have been hitting the wires. I will for sure install a guide. I think I have something perfect for the job. I already have something better in mind for the fairlead mounts as well to make it look better. My spool is also questionable. I was in way too big of a hurry. Just threw it all back together for the last event of the series.
CheckMyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Im kinda ready. After the 5k scale dash the wraith needs a going over. Got a new motor though..........
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote

Who's ready for FOTO? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For those going to FOTO Sunday Ghostkid Indiana 0 10-13-2010 08:30 PM
FOTO 16th TBex Indiana 6 06-11-2009 09:58 PM