Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Dtrex77 Found some time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #1

Default Dtrex77 Found some time

Hey guys, finally found some time between moving, building my bike and working 60 hours a week to finish my up my rig. 1/8 scale new bright jeep jk body.

After running it today. I have found that the motor is binding up on me and losing power (stock AE2 and axial 55T. and had to use a bec for the new savox servo) Idk if thats because my trans is fully locked or if it is just too much weight or something. Any input or advice/opinions im all ears.
Dtrex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Dtrex77 Found some time

Looks sweet.

The stock axial 55t motors are weak sauce. Thats probably why you're losing power in a bind. Ill bet thats a pretty heavy rig too. Check out Holmes Hobbies for a better motor Like a 35t Torque master. You might also need to gear down some.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the rocks.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #3

Default Re: Dtrex77 Found some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Looks sweet.

The stock axial 55t motors are weak sauce. Thats probably why you're losing power in a bind. Ill bet thats a pretty heavy rig too. Check out Holmes Hobbies for a better motor Like a 35t Torque master. You might also need to gear down some.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the rocks.
Yea its not a light rig at all. and I was either looking at the Holmes Hobbies or the Tekin FXR. I dont wanna go brushless cuz ill prob start breaking stuff all over the place. but i ended up finding out what my binding problem was. screws on the output shaft backed off and dug into the trans case... so I have parts on the way now. and i planned on trying to go may 19 to bedford
Dtrex77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dtrex77 Found some time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
maybe now ill spend less time on the lid and more time on the rubber evan03 Axial Wraith 2 02-18-2013 08:08 PM
Found A Deal On 1:6 Ranger Body, Then Found A Better One!! Robb Chit Chat 10 05-30-2011 10:06 PM
I wish I had found this along time ago.. TJ_Krawler Tires and Wheels 3 11-19-2005 03:14 PM