Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Indoor Crawling at HP Hobbies--Hutchinson, KS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Indoor Crawling at HP Hobbies--Hutchinson, KS

Hey everyone. I thought I put all the info I can think of here.

http://www.hphobbies.com/ Website is not updated very often.
Hours: Most Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30, Thursdays from 5:30-8:30, Fridays from 5:30-8:30, Saturdays (electric ONLY) from Noon-????, and every other Sunday for dirt oval racing from Noon-?????

Turnouts: Range from 100 entries for large events down to 10 entries at the slowest times of the year.

Classes: Main class of racing is 1/10 electric off-road including 4-wheel drive buggies, 2wd truck, 2wd buggy. Followed by 1/8 and 1/10 nitro racing during the warmer months. Next is Oval racing all year round including 1/8 Latemodel nitro/electric, 1/10 Sprint cars nitro/electric, 1/10 EDM (Eastern Dirt Modified) nitro/electric, and up coming 1/18 size classes. Soon to be Rock crawling, and with everyones help and opinions this could be a great place to get together.

Tracks:
Outdoor off-road, indoor off-road, indoor dirt oval, coming--indoor Rock crawling.

I want to thank those of you who have been to HP so far. It has lit a fire under Steve Redden (owner) cause today he took deliver of 17 TONS of rock. Basically a semi trailer. That's a lot of rock. So for the rest of this week he will start moving the rock inside to build a promising layout. I mean 32,000 pounds of rock has to be awesome. LOL. So here is an official invite to come help out, voice your opinion, or try out at the hobby shop.

Talk to you guys/gals soon

Thanx
Chris
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

OMG!!!!

17 ton is a lot, lol. I'll have to see what I can come up with for a vehicle and see about coming down and trying to give a hand this weekend maybe. I'll bring my rig so we can try out what we get done.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Chris,
This is awesome news! Saturday is looking promising for a trip down to Hutch to check out the rocks!

Billy
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Awesome!

I'm sure that once it gets finished and things get goin that alot of people will get interested in crawling... even by just word of mouth...

I recently had the transmission in my car fail (Dodge's mistake really... it wasn't my fault!...lol), so a trip to Hutch anytime soon doesn't sound too likely...

Y'all should post up pics as ya go...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear about your tranny. Don't make to much fun of Ma Mopar, lol, it may come back to bite you.

I'm sure if youwanted to go bad enough all you would have to do is call me or Billy and we would make sure you got there. It's not like I got right by Mac or anything. Kinda gotta go by there to get to hutch anyhow. Gimme a holler if you want to go some weekend. Billy and I are kinda planning a trip down there this Saturday to see what's going on and to take some pics to post up. Let me know and I can stop and get you if you want to.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
RCC Addict

This Saturday (Today) doesn't work for me... but I'll let ya know! Thanks for the offer...

and Mopar isn't worthless... they went from a perfectly designed transmission in the 1st gen. Neons, to a crappily designed tranny in the 2nd. gens (I have a 2nd Gen), and back to the good tranny in the 3rd. gens... so basically I just got ahold of one of their bad ideas... but we all have a bad idea float to the top once in a while...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I hear ya, I just had to give you crap is all.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default HP Hobbies

Just got back from HP Hobbies, and it looks like we now have a cool place to crawl indoors!!! There's a lot of work to be done, but it will definitely be worth it! Here's a few pics...
Name:  hphobbies 001s.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  90.7 KBName:  hphobbies 002s.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  88.7 KBName:  hphobbies 003m.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  47.7 KBName:  hphobbies 004m.JPG
Views: 979
Size:  74.3 KB
I drew in some white lines where walls are to be built, and red lines where the course will run. The blue counters will be removed. Chris or Shawn, let me know if this looks right.

Can't wait!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Cool! I'm new to the crawling scene. Hell, don't even have a crawler yet, but I think I have a new mistress! I've got to work next weekend, but might try to go up the weekend after just to look around. Is the address on the website correct? I rode up to Hutch this last week for Bogies and drove down 4th Street, but didn't notice anything that stood out like a RC shop. Am I just blind?

Mike
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Awesome... Pics! Looks like it'll be great fun (when it's done), and the best part: It'll be indoors!

I'm still tryin to sort out my schedule, but hopefully I'll be able to come down and help out soon...
Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Mike,
The address is a little misleading... the HP Hobbies is on the corner of 4th and Scott Street, one block East of N Halstead. It's on the South side of the street.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Nice to meet you Speed,
ok, how to get to Hi Performance....

when you get to the corner on HWY61 & 4th where Kwik Shop is at the stop light, go EAST. The hobby shop is at 2601 E. 4th across from the Kroger (Dillons) warehouse on the south side of the street right on the corner. It looks nothing like a hobby shop. Hope you find it next time.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, I drove right past. I came in on the S. side of the airport and turned on hwy 61 to head up towards Bogies from there. Thanks for the better instructions. I hope to drop by in a couple weeks.

Mike
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #14

Question whens the next gtg

my name is jerry and i live in archie mo about 30 min south of belton. i'm new to the rock crawling bought a rtr made some upgrads and planning on some more.
jackerman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Hey hows it going today? I drive big rig and I should be going through that way this next week or so. I was wondering if there is truck parking around there? I also would like to knoe if they stock crawler part for the axial. Well thanks for your time look forward to maybe seeing you there.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Boise, there's plenty of rig parking across the street, as it's the Dillon's distribution center. I don't believe they're stocking any crawler parts yet, but I'm hoping that will change in the near future!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Thanks KS. I was through there on tue and spent the night there Nice little wind through there.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

so is this now open to crawl
stubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubb View Post
so is this now open to crawl
Not yet, Stubb, they're in the process of rearranging the hobby shop then will begin work in the crawling wall.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
Not yet, Stubb, they're in the process of rearranging the hobby shop then will begin work in the crawling wall.

how long you think it will be
stubb is offline   Reply With Quote