Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Kentucky

Notices

Thread: Kentucky Crawler Guys, I have a Q

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Kentucky Crawler Guys, I have a Q

Well, I wanna start out by saying I'm still a noob to crawling and I fully admit that. I'm sure I'm missing what is probably a GREAT event today. And I wish I could be there.

I just had a question for all you crawlers that might be "near" me. I'm having a problem making it to some of the GTG's that are kind of far from me. Reason being, I don't drive, My wife does. On top of that, I'm not sure how many of you guys have younger kids that like to go with you but my daughter is gonna be 3 here soon and LOVES going out to the lakes and trails and other places we normally go. The problem is, I can't get out somewhere that takes 4+ hours for a round trip because of the whole "bed time" thing with my daughter. If I go to a GTG, it would be time spent well and I would be there from close to beginning to the end of the event. (unless something important caused me to leave early.)

I was wondering, Are there any of you guys that could organize a GTG within about 1 - 1 1/2 hours away from me on a saturday? That is the only full day off me and my family have and I would DEFINITELY be able to make it if so.

Now given that the cost of travel keeps going up, I'm not saying that I need to be "babied", I wouldn't expect anyone to make an exception to me and travel more than what I can just to accomodate(sp?) me. I would just like it to be easier for me to access some new possible crawler/rc enthusiest friends(in person) and have a social gathering that would be convenient for all of us.(as most of you would probably agree with in your own positions.)

This isn't something where I'm trying to tell all you guys to give me my way or me trying to whine about it, It was just an open thought I wanted to share because of the lack of rc'ist in my local area.

I'd REALLY like to see how I stack up against some of you experienced crawlers around here just for fun! And get some hands on insight about the scene. ie. techniques and what to look for in successful lines..things that can only be found out "out on the field" so to speak.

Let me know what everyone thinks and lets see if we can get something going.

Just for the record, It says it in the profile but here it is again so you don't have to look, I'm in West Liberty(Morgan County).

Thanks
-Tim

Last edited by Tim_B; 04-27-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Tim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Tim,
Yes, you missed a great event today. I'm not sure how far Boonesboro Beach is from you. It's close to Richmond. Today was our first event and we had a great time and good weather for the event. This site would accommodate you, your wife and kids. Bathrooms close to the site(walking distance), playgrounds with slides and swings for the kids. Really a nice state park and pretty clean. Picnic tables and shade also. We hope to plan another event next month. Hope you can make it to the next one.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

fort boonesboro is really close to me thats about 30 min's from me being in estill county
grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well there ya go....hope to see you there on the 13th. Check out the www.coyotehobbies.com site and register for the comp.
PINKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Register for comp by signing in and commenting in thread.

http://www.coyotehobbies.com/phpbb2/...pic.php?t=3938
PINKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_B View Post
I was wondering, Are there any of you guys that could organize a GTG within about 1 - 1 1/2 hours away from me on a saturday? That is the only full day off me and my family have and I would DEFINITELY be able to make it if so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKY View Post
Register for comp by signing in and commenting in thread.

http://www.coyotehobbies.com/phpbb2/...pic.php?t=3938
Sorry but I'm only avail on friday nights and mostly all day on saturdays otherwise I would come.:-(

-Tim
Tim_B is offline   Reply With Quote