Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Kentucky

Notices

Thread: New hobby sTore in Bowling Green KY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New hobby sTore in Bowling Green KY

So happy finally have a decent store in BG. The name is Hobby Crossings! Super nice guy and he's into crawling and has a couple of SCT on the shelfs as well as mini rc's.

So far I've seen slot cars, some planes and heli's. Model cars and trading cards etc. Kinda like a combination of rc's, models, and board strategy games.

The store is located on on the corner of Small House rd and Scottsville Rd.
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #2

I'm hoping that that store will take off. It would be nice to have a good store in the area. If you see a bunch of FREE RC Car Action and RC Driver magazines on the shelves there, I donated them in hopes of getting more people interested in the hobby.

Not sure if you are aware of it or not, but Randolph, Hale, And Merideth is now selling RC. They have been for a while now. Their store is located on State street and they carry cars, planes, and heli's. Also, JR (one of the guys at Randolph) has put together a dirt oval at a park in Bowling Green. They have plans for an off-road track, and maybe a crawling coarse.

Personally, I am new to crawling. Just picked up a Losi Micro Crawler the other day at Hobby Crossing and I am really getting into it. I think I am going to get into something a bit larger some time soon. I just can't decide. I'm leaning toward the Losi Night Crawler. I can't justify the expense of setting up a Losi Comp Crawler or the XR10.
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yea me too, he seems really nice. I may have to go check them out not down town much. I grew up running on road then no more trucks nearby. Then I oof road buggies, drifting ,and crawling. Still crawl but no longer comp and I sold my trucks. Now I just run my scaler with my sister.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That's great to hear! Of corse once I move away a decent shop opens up ...
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well hopefully I don't move again! Everytime I do the shop closes down. I'm from Nashville lost 3 im the area since I moved. I'm glad to find guys nearbye. Everyone is 2 hrs plus. I went to Randolph, Hale, And Merideth yesterday. Nice guys to talk with and they've got the basics and are willing to order anything.

Last edited by xigtc; 12-11-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #6

I go to Randolph quite a bit. But it's usually just for work related stuff. I kind of wish they would get rid of the whole window order setup and open it up a bit more. They will let you behind the counter, but it just feels like such a hassle.

As far as sales go, they will treat you right. They have some very good prices. The internet can be cheaper, but if you don't support your local shops, there won't be any to support you. Even though I can save by shopping online, I try my best to buy from a shop. Although the taxes do add a bit to the price. But hey, it keeps their lights on.
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navtrtl View Post
I go to Randolph quite a bit. But it's usually just for work related stuff. I kind of wish they would get rid of the whole window order setup and open it up a bit more. They will let you behind the counter, but it just feels like such a hassle.

As far as sales go, they will treat you right. They have some very good prices. The internet can be cheaper, but if you don't support your local shops, there won't be any to support you. Even though I can save by shopping online, I try my best to buy from a shop. Although the taxes do add a bit to the price. But hey, it keeps their lights on.

Yea I didnt care for the setup at Randolp but they're nice. I agree with supporting the shops, just alot of times its less hassle on line just because of there distributers.