Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: took the twin out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default took the twin out

well i just got a twin force last week and took it out today for some seriuos rock crawling.the truck in stock form isnt all that bad,but at the same time it isnt all the great. lol.
i dont wantthis truck to be a specific crawler but more of a trail rig, so to speak.some things need to be changed for bette crawling and general trail use.

one thing being the tires have no side bite.this hinders traction when you get into tight places. the stock tires just dont help.

second thing that needs to be changed is the truck needs some axle skid plates. not becasue iam afraid of it getting abused but more in the way of helping the axle over things.in stock trim the out puts get hung up on stuff easily making it hard to get over.the same holds true for the tranny.

third is the wheelie bar.it creates a problem on departure, somtimes getting hung up on logs and or rocks.at the same time i dont want to get rid of it as the truck likes to lift its front, lol.

fourth and i think last for now is the front one way.its only a problem when you get stuck and have to use reverse.i dont know if i will replace it as it helps in cornering and heh, if you get into a situation where you need reverse you lost in my oppinion.lol.

ill keep ya posted on the changes i make and some pics will be added shortly.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links