Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rock Force Transmission options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1

Default Rock Force Transmission options

Hi Guys

Recently added a RF for my what appears to be a collection now and plan to mod it with the Greasy chassis from the TCS Store. Wanted to know if anyone has used other transmissions and what the pros and cons are for using say an Axial transmission with Dig.

I know the losi transmission from the comp crawler is working well is this the best option if you want to replace the chassis and have a better link set-up then the standard RF configuration?
Nonsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Ive used an Axial trans in my RF with dig. It works ok but there is no real way to get the gearing right. It ends up being a very high ratio which means your motor has to spin that much faster. The dig worked great but you loose freewheel like this.
The LCC trans works better and has a built in f/r dig. I would go that route if you can find a LCC trans.
I also have custom made motor mounts for when I had an RF. It allowed me to use multiple TVP chassis like the SWX, LS2.0, GC2 and so on.
HiloDB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDB1 View Post
Ive used an Axial trans in my RF with dig. It works ok but there is no real way to get the gearing right. .
This was what I was wondering, how other transmissions would effect the ratio or just not work that well. I can get a LCC for a decent price from a local guy who lost interest without using it so that may be a good idea. I wonder without the Dig if the Losi Night Crawler transmission and chassis would work well.

Guess there is some experimentation to do.
Nonsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Equally beneficial to the gearing of the lcc trans is the dig as the RF dig seems to have its issues. That is the route I am taking. I just need the rf to go with it.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Lcc.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote