Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: another 2.2 twin force axle rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"
Default another 2.2 twin force axle rig

buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

if you look at the last pic you can see that the axle c on the passenger side has gussets made in the inner part of the c where the drivers side dont. i will be redoing that soon. all in all the axles are beefy, especially after i get my universals cut to length, sleeved and pinned, they should hold up to what ever i can throw at them.

Last edited by buggy; 11-18-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

these are the universals i will be running, compared to a stock wk shaft.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
RCC Addict

any thoughts or criticism from the twin force pros would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks like some Yotachump parts on those axles. Rig looks pretty sweet with the axles and those tires, how's the diff clearance?
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

im showing about 1 3/4 inch at the bottom of the pumpkin. as far as the axles, the spools and all the axle stuff did come from yotachump. i did ask if him if he could round up a couple of those upper link/servo mounts and he said he didn't have any more. so i ended up showing the pics to a friend of mine and two cases of beer later i had parts in hand. all props go to yotachump for the design, i wasn't trying to play it off as my idea, i just thought it was a damn good one.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I was just saying the other day, wonder if Buggy will do a build thread in the TF board. Guess I need to stop into this board more often. Looks good. What is the deal with the gussets. Kyosho make some with or without now? Could you post a part # for those super short dog bones? If you no it. I used to have it but can't find it anymore. This was Anthony's rig wasn't it. Or is this Rob_b's. Steve has one too but I think he built it. I can't remember it's been too long.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
I was just saying the other day, wonder if Buggy will do a build thread in the TF board. Guess I need to stop into this board more often. Looks good. What is the deal with the gussets. Kyosho make some with or without now? Could you post a part # for those super short dog bones? If you no it. I used to have it but can't find it anymore. This was Anthony's rig wasn't it. Or is this Rob_b's. Steve has one too but I think he built it. I can't remember it's been too long.
when i got the axles from anthony they were new, they had never been cut down. he sent me 6 axle tubes ( the ones that have the c's on them ) two of them had gussets on them the other four did not. i did not realise this until i was cutting them down. to fix the problem im just gonna cut the servo/link mount down on the drivers side until i can get a knuckle with gussets on there.

i never had a set of the super short dog bones, so what i decided to do was buy a set of these

and cut the inner shaft part down to the length i need then sleeve and pin it.

steve still has his rig the last i heard and i think anthony's switched hands a few times.

i dont think there is a way to have a tougher 2.2 type shaft driven axle than to use a narrowed twin force axle after what i have seen so far.

Last edited by buggy; 11-22-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

also, anthony sent me two of the universals, part number ifw163, and i had a time trying to find that part number on them, but it was like the farmer that lost his horse, when he found it he found it all at once. so now i have 6 individual shafts in case i have any problems. with that said i have seen a lot of people cut down shafts, is sleeving them then pinning them the strongest way?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
RCC Addict

i know you know what im talking about because this is where i got the idea
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
RCC Addict

One more thing bartbender, you said kyosho makes the c's with or without the gussets. Are there different part numbers for them? Or do all the newer c's have gussets?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
One more thing bartbender, you said kyosho makes the c's with or without the gussets. Are there different part numbers for them? Or do all the newer c's have gussets?
Well I was hoping you could tell me. I haven't bought any in quite a while. There is a fella that keeps up with these pretty good. Maybe he can chime in on Kyosho updates. With the brushless version out I would hope they would have beefed them up.

Quote:
also, anthony sent me two of the universals, part number ifw163, and i had a time trying to find that part number on them, but it was like the farmer that lost his horse, when he found it he found it all at once. so now i have 6 individual shafts in case i have any problems. with that said i have seen a lot of people cut down shafts, is sleeving them then pinning them the strongest way?
I would say yes. I am also ashamed to say I have never ran those cut down axles. The Super seen around here is pretty stagnant and there is only one other guy here running one so I haven't been focusing on that particular rig.

Quote:
when i got the axles from anthony they were new, they had never been cut down. he sent me 6 axle tubes ( the ones that have the c's on them ) two of them had gussets on them the other four did not. i did not realise this until i was cutting them down. to fix the problem im just gonna cut the servo/link mount down on the drivers side until i can get a knuckle with gussets on there.

i never had a set of the super short dog bones, so what i decided to do was buy a set of these

and cut the inner shaft part down to the length i need then sleeve and pin it.

steve still has his rig the last i heard and i think anthony's switched hands a few times.

i dont think there is a way to have a tougher 2.2 type shaft driven axle than to use a narrowed twin force axle after what i have seen so far.
Steve has been focusing on life more lately. He will be back in full force though. He loves this too much to quit all together.

Quote:
i know you know what im talking about because this is where i got the idea
Like I said I'm ashamed to say I haven't ran these yet. From what I understand locktite and sleeve works too. That's what the big man say anyway

Anthony said a while back he wanted to get back into the TF seen and tried to buy some stuff back off me. I really did't have anything that wasn't spoken for on some project or another. Thank goodness A-Main carries everything you need to build these atomic bomb proof axles
Old 11-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
RCC Addict

you know I never thought about green loctite
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
TEAM MODERATOR

Some custom shafts and tubes I built for Jason's scaler......

Rear straights from 1/4" stainless pinned with buggy pins.
Fronts are cut down buggy universals pinned.

Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
RCC Addict

are the stainless caps and the buggy pins just pressed on, loctited or welded? just wondering how you keep the pin in place?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #16
TEAM MODERATOR

The caps and pins are all a very tight press fit. No need for loc tight.

I'm certain a tight slip fit with some red loc tight would be suffice though.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
RCC Addict

here is the pins i got to use

Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Just regular diff pins is all I used.

Steve did Jason ever do a build thread on that rig or is he still building it? Cause I remember him wanting some odd ball ring and pinion ratio. Sorry for the Hyjack Buggy.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
TEAM MODERATOR

Buggy, those should work great Like Eric, I just used buggy diff pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Just regular diff pins is all I used.

Steve did Jason ever do a build thread on that rig or is he still building it? Cause I remember him wanting some odd ball ring and pinion ratio. Sorry for the Hyjack Buggy.
Not sure he ever finished them. The stuff pictured was actually for two different builds.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #20
RCC Addict

has anyone ever "ran" any of the shafts that have been sleeved and pined and did a update on how well they hold up? i have seen a few, but its always the same story, they get them made and life happens or the rc crawling scene in there area goes in a different direction or something lol.