Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mini-Z 4-4 body interchangeability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2024, 06:41 AM   #1

Default Mini-Z 4-4 body interchangeability?

So I know they aren't great crawlers but I've had a thing for the Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 (MX-01) 4runner since they first came out, specifically the plain grey one (KYO32522GM) but didn't pull the trigger. Now that I'm ready to I find that model is close to impossible to find and way overpriced when you do. (Seems to be my luck with this hobby so far... All the kits or bodies I really want are discontinued)

Anyway, I found the correct body grey 4runner body I want so I'm wondering if I can buy one of the other models and just swap bodies? Specifically looking at the Jeep Rubicon model (KYO32521W) which looks to have the same wheels/bumpers etc. just not sure if its the same wheelbase?

As a tag on question, do these trucks run the same 1.0" size wheels as the SCX24/TRX-4M or would I need some type of adaptor to run different wheels?

Thanks
airgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2024, 05:58 AM   #2

Default Re: Mini-Z 4-4 body interchangeability?

I did some more digging and found my answer and I'll post it here in case someone else has the same question.

The Mini-Z 4x4's are supposed to have an adjustable WB between 110 and 120mm. The 4runner and Defender have a 110mm WB. The Jeep Rubicon, LC300 and Jimny have a 120mm WB.

To change the WB from 120 to 110, you need to flip the rear shock mounts around, remove the spacer from the upper A-link and install a 110mm Link Rod Set (MXW001R). If you are going in the other direction, the link rod set is # MXW002R (for the 120mm version) and I guess you'd have to figure out the spacer length (if it's not a part that comes with it or available from Kyosho?)?

I ordered the White Jeep Rubicon because it was the cheapest (even with adding the link kit) and that will give me the parts I need to run any of their current bodies.
airgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Mini-Z 4-4 body interchangeability? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What’s the interchangeability SCX 1 vs 2? cloudswimmer Axial SCX10 II 3 11-03-2020 05:14 PM
beadlock ring interchangeability.. 58WillysWagon Tires and Wheels 1 03-29-2015 08:29 PM
Motor part interchangeability Formiga Electronics 12 03-12-2012 05:59 PM