Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Newbright 04 f150 crewcab shortbox chip foose edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Newbright 04 f150 crewcab shortbox chip foose edition

Hey guys I've looked everywhere ad don't see anyone doing the foose edition f150s? It's a very nice detailed body just has no interior, I bought one last year when I first got into crawling and nodded it but never ran it, finally got a scale chassis and thinkin about doing a build, any one seen one dome or personally done one? Just curious if a nb rubicon interior would fit or any other suggestions? Comes with light buckets and all, literally slipped LEDs right in the exsisting headlight hole lol, will post pictures if anyone is interested also if anyones done the build or seen it please bring a link with ya thanks guys!
Tmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I want to see pics! Sounds like a cool body, you could make a basic race truck style interior pretty easily out of styrene
Erock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Well I don't get to a computer too too often so I mostly use the iPhone and can't upload photos to here from the phone but I just figured a way to get you guys pics! You haveta check my old photobucket lol
http://m731.photobucket.com/albums/l...k3Mtp8Y5YUB4Be
or the usename is livetocrawl-crawltolive, there's a buncha pics of other bodies I had and me and friends crawlin but there's lots of pics of the body, I cut the windows out in the front and half rolled down in the rear and did some chroming and whatnot here and there, still more to comeand now I have my xtrail I'm thinkin of doin a nice scaler with it I'd love to hear some ideas please, want to make it real scale but not too crazy of work haha, havnt worked with styrene before maybe I should look up some howtos...
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I was just looking at one of these the other day in the store, looks like a good project.
AkFordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I thinks so man it's detailed, minus an interior, I was originally on a hunt for the silverado that came with a interior but there seriously no where to be found, we have some either fastlane or new bright jeep( i'm pretty sure it's the corney one, no roof blob interior etc) there's only 2 jeeps left at toys r us I want to buy as they say they will never bring them back but they want 89.99 each... Wow lol my f150 was 60$ and has more detail and it's unique since i've never seen a build on it and I have searched, I've started some mods here n there, pics are on the photobucket for now... Need to mount it to my new xtrail tonight but does anyone know a good howto or YouTube video of how to work with styrene, i always walk by it in the lhs too intimidated to try it lol but I think it's time I need a deeper box and mainly need an interior any advice or suggestions would be appreciated thanks guys.
-Tom
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

This one?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...8&tab=features
nickvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Nope, very very similar tho, that ones a whole different brand, the wheels bumpers and whole chassis are a bit different, the body looks a little tiny bit different also but ya I've never seen that one even in radioshack/the source but I might even put this body back on the shelf for awhile it's really bothering me how many things I haveta do to get it to fit, it's a bit to skinny so the wheels stick way out causing them to rub like crazy(I really need 1.9's they wouldn't ever rub with 1.9's and would look damn good), I want the body low so it looks scale and rite now I've got it the very lowest I can go without cutting the hell out of everything and the tires rub like crazy and u would haveta make my own links jus to get the really short wheel base it has, maybe now I'm finding out why people haven't used them haha shit I really don't wanna haveta bite the bullet and spend 90$ for the bogus blob jeeps they have at toys r us, they have those rams and f150s with the graphics down the side but those are even cornier lol hmmmm decisions decisions

Last edited by Tmods; 10-30-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I've decided to not do this body for a build it's a hair too narrow for my liking, that and well I'm picken up a original clod body tomoro I'd go og clod before newbright anyday lol sooo if anyone likes what they see shoot me a pm with an offer, it has the front side windows cut out and the back crew windows are halfed, I did a very nice job of it, body is trimmed a little on the fenders cus I ran it on my touring car lol, has nice drop bed(unfortunately I drilled a whole in each wheel well to mount it at first, can be filled and sanded if requested) spots in the headlights for LEDs etc etc very nice body ask any details if ya wanna know, I would really like to follow te build or atleast see a final product if anyone takes it. Would love to trade for any kind of scale goodies or anythin to help me with my clod xtrail build, anyone got an interior that might fit a clod or come close I'd straight trade and pay shipping. I was originally so stoked on this build because I've NEVER even heard of anyone nodding this body so it would be very unique and a nice change from all the jeeps everyone has... Thanks guys take care.
-Tom