Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Quick questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Quick questions

I have been itching to start a new build for awhile but I got married and a bunch of other stuff like moving across the state that has kept me from the hobby for a bit. Now I am finally going to start this build and I am loosley basing it off of my 1985 silverado 1:1. It is all done up but the key is im running 44" super swamper boggers on it, so my starting point is the set of swamp kongs I bought 3 years ago!!! At 1:5 scale they are about a 40" tire, so I am close. With all that out of the way my questions are, what size are these kong rims? second I was planning on using an emaxx tranny, will it handle the weight and power? Third, what can I move this thing with, I Have some pretty big lipos, but what motor and esc are being used to push these big rigs. Its gunna be pretty heavy when I am done and I would like to see it move pretty fast 20-30mph??? Thanks for the help in advance.-Adam
Silversamps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I am fixing to use a traxxas summit trans. Wider gear ratio than the emaxx.

For motors I plan to use the traxxas 775. If yours is going to be even bigger you could get a dual motor plate from Kershaw Designs and run two 775s.

My plan is (and I have some parts so far): Rok lok 40 series, x-factor axles, summit trans, 775 motor, 4s lipo, 1/6 newbright jeep body, aluminum scale ladder frame, no steel cage or other heavy stuff.
papasnachez is offline   Reply With Quote