Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1/6 Hummer H2 and Jeep Rubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 1/6 Hummer H2 and Jeep Rubicon

I built this about 4 years ago and I just registered with this forum so I thought I would share it. I made it with a pan chassis and 4 wheel independant suspension because that is what I like about the H1. The chassis is made from aluminum plate (from an old stereo reciever) and angle aluminum from Home Depot. It is held together with aluminum rivets. The rivets made the build go quick and easy and they are all still tight after alot of time on the rocks and chasing my dog around the yard. I spent alot more time on the design than I did building it. The transfer case is made from aluminum and T-Maxx trans gears,shafts and bearings.I forgot what gears I used but it is a good reduction,top speed is 8mph in 1st and 12mph in 2nd (with or w/o the body on) using a radar gun. Other parts are an E-Maxx trans with steel spur gear,Big Bore Shocks with 12 lb. blue springs,front and rear diff spools,aluminum suspension arms,knuckles and front skid,titanium hinge pins and turnbuckles,MIP cvd's,Novak Super Duty speed control and Hitec electronics.
The New Bright H2 body has 36 led's controlled by the dip switch on the dash, the driver figure is Nash from Reservoir Dogs with a little velcro facial hair. I made the dash lights by sanding the back where I wanted the light to shine through. The speaker box works and has 2 1" speakers and a Radio Shack 10 watt amplifier. There is also a 4" speaker in the grill for music or the Ram engine sound simulator.
I got the Jeep body so I could have fun and the H2 is too nice to destroy. Just 4 screws and a plug to swap out the bodies,only takes a couple minutes. With the jeep body and 1" body lift I get 4 1/2" of wheel travel. Just added 10 led's,a 4 point harness made from shoelaces,sealed the wheel wells with lexan and added lead weights to the front wheels. Black duct tape makes a great soft top and only takes a minute to install. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions.
I like to take pics so click on the 1st pic and there is a link to all the pics on photobucket.

rcdave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #2

what are the tires in the 3 pic and in the mud?
trophy_traxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
LR3
Rock Crawler

That hummer is badass!! The only think I would suggest is more scale tires. Other then that both rigs look awesome

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forum!!!
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
RCP CRAWLERS

the hummer is very cool
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The tires in pic 3 came with the New Bright H2 and the tires in the mud are from the original T-Maxx and they have every other lug cut out. The maxx tires are used for corner markers on my track so I put them on to go in the mud.
rcdave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

nice e-maxx... that thing is sick!! can we have have a pic of the body out!!!!
NEW YORK BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW YORK BOY View Post
nice e-maxx... that thing is sick!! can we have have a pic of the body out!!!!
click on the first pic like he said

hope the op doesn't mind
rcfreak363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

That is by far the coolest hummer i have seen i love it I think when i start me 1/5 scale build i will got the emaxx route
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #9

Wink My Hummer inspired by that yellow scale beast

I have a 1/8 HSP chassis and just fitted a 1/6 New Bright body. DIY exhaust smoke is the next step. Will post pics e.t.c Got light kit ready to fit.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mounted my body using the chassis front bumber bars.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ideas welcome
Spexx is offline   Reply With Quote