Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Dragon vs. Hasbro Jeep body??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dragon vs. Hasbro Jeep body??

I've been toying (LOL!!) with the idea of getting into 1:6. I would like to do a WWII Jeep. I was watching eBay for the Hasbro 2002 body. Had a few chances but passed. I did score a VW 1:6 WWII amphib body at a local consignment but not to scale looking & missing a lot of pieces.

Anyway, I stumbled on the Dragon 1:6 jeep & from the pics I saw, it blew me away. not to mention you can get them at hobby shops rather than paying top $ for retired toys.

What do you guys think? Is Dragon the way to go? seems to me that it is but I see a lot of old GI Joe body trucks on this forum & I know the Dragon was released fairly recently compared to the Hasbro body.

BTW, I had an original back in the day... wish my Mom had kept all that stuff.

Thanks for any advice.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dragon vs. Hasbro Jeep body??

There's also one from 21st century that has good detail, though doesn't have a chassis like the hasbro(dont know about the dragon) not a problem if you can fab your'e own though like I did.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

thanks. my swimagan VW is 21st century. I've googled around a bit & found some build threads on the Dragon body. apparently it wasn't available in the states at first. Dragon makes a few interesting WWII 1:6 vehicles.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i bought a dragon kit... definely the most detailed and alot of cool accessories come in the kit... looking forward to the build but i got a few others to finish first
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I know that there was at least 1 Dragon RC build on scale4x4. I think that the body is probably the most accurately scaled body out of all of the different ones to use for a build. Be sure to keep a build thread!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yea, I found one on scale4x4 that a German guy did with sound? Sweet looking build.

Googling around for Dragon 1:6 & found this:

Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The chassis is the main advantage to using an early 2000's Hasbro. It is ridiculously easy to reinforce it with aluminum and use it in the build and it looks pretty good from a scale-ness aspect. A Dragon tub will need to have a chassis custom made for it, you can't use the kit chassis.

The Dragon tub is a bit wider than a Hasbro. Something to keep in mind if you already have axles you want to try to use or when you're axle shopping for your build.

The Dragon kits are always over $100, usually Hasbro Jeeps go for $40 to $60 on Ebay depending on condition and what's there/missing. The G.I. Joe Jeeps that the collectors want (and will pay $250 to $400 for) are from the 1950's and have no detail at all. Not suitable for RC conversion IMO...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Dragon vs. Hasbro Jeep body?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hasbro Jeep Scaler 5150 Krawlers Chit Chat 16 07-19-2007 02:34 PM