Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: custom links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default custom links

i decided to attempt to make my first set of bent links today and it was rather easy with the right stuff, so i figured i would share how to do it and what you need.

i started with some mini-t ball ends, 2-56 all thread, and think walled 1/8" aluminum tube. all the cutting and sanding and adjust of sizes was done with a dremel. for ball ends you can also use rc18 ball ends or dubro 2-56 rod ends. my LHS only has the losi ball ends up i will be changing them and making a new set of links for them. each of the different ball ends have different lengths so the lengths of the all thread and aluminum tubing will be different for each. be sure to know that changing the length of the lower links changes your wheel base. so i suggest trying to keep it close to stock length.

once everything was cut to size and put together, i put them all in a vise and gave them a bend at the same point. the aluminum rod got a little smashed in the corner, so next time i will buy a brake tubing bender so it looks a lot cleaner.

and then i put them on. one needed a slight adjustment in size, if these things arent perfectly even in length it will bind

dub599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

nice work i need to make me some. THANK YOU
ax10rtrmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
Jeep whore

nice idea, but what do you meen when you said "if these things arent perfectly even in length it will bind "? what would bind?
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote