Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: No srpings, what for dampening ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default No srpings, what for dampening ?

i took the springs off mine its alot better . i dont like how there is no real control in the shocks though.i know some are using rubber bands but i havent any i like as far as its "rate" .any one tried a really thick grease,idk like ofna diff lock ? i know in my micro shocks on my micro dt i used tamiya grey grease. i forgot what it was called but it was real sticky and meant not to fling off rotating parts. it added dampening to the shocks on the dt. problem is i dont have any more.

i was just wondering if anyone has gone that route and their findings.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
i took the springs off mine its alot better . i dont like how there is no real control in the shocks though.i know some are using rubber bands but i havent any i like as far as its "rate" .any one tried a really thick grease,idk like ofna diff lock ? i know in my micro shocks on my micro dt i used tamiya grey grease. i forgot what it was called but it was real sticky and meant not to fling off rotating parts. it added dampening to the shocks on the dt. problem is i dont have any more.

i was just wondering if anyone has gone that route and their findings.
I tried it on the micro-t and didn't have any luck, just squirts out the bottom.
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I squirted a little green slime into the shock. Just to make sure there was no friction in the shocks and they returned to droop all the time. I'm sure if you put in enough for dampening it'd just come out the bottom unless you made some sort of seal. I'm going to try the bic lighter spring stretched out and cut like someone else suggested here, under the shock piston.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i was thinking real thick grease would slow down the action of the shock shaft. i know there is no piston but maybe just the grease on the shaft against the body would create enough force to slow it down a bit. (man did that sound wrong) im not talking about limiting the droop but just controlling the action a little better.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

maybe invert the shock and use ofna diff lock lube.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #6

I had my local hobby shop suggest grease in the shocks tonight. I'm gonna check it out and see what happens. Doesn't look like there are any holes in the bottom of the shocks for it to squeeze through, but we'll see.

Edit: Well Traxxas grease is a no go. Pushes right out the top, and dribbles out the bottom. Oh well.

Last edited by wiseguy3501; 12-07-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Update
wiseguy3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
jwo
Rock Crawler

i would think no matter what grease you use or how thick of it is, its still going to come out the shock. i tried every thing on some hr shocks for my other micros. did work for a bit, but it always managed to get pushed out. they just need to come out with some quality oil shocks for it. i spent an arm and a leg for some oil shocks for one of my micros. three of them held and one leaked bad. i know that there are grease shocks out there for the micros though. hopefully some one will come up with something
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwo View Post
i would think no matter what grease you use or how thick of it is, its still going to come out the shock. i tried every thing on some hr shocks for my other micros. did work for a bit, but it always managed to get pushed out. they just need to come out with some quality oil shocks for it. i spent an arm and a leg for some oil shocks for one of my micros. three of them held and one leaked bad. i know that there are grease shocks out there for the micros though. hopefully some one will come up with something
This stuff won't come out.....ever! Of course getting it into the little bitty shock body would be a challenge. It has the consistency of cold peanutbutter and it is super sticky.

http://www.badhorsie.com/products/diff-lock-grease.html

Last edited by Alpha Male; 12-08-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: type o
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
This stuff won't come out.....ever! Of course getting it into the little bitty shock body would be a challenge. It has the consistency of cold peanutbutter and it is super sticky.

yea something like that. thats what the ofna diff lock is like. you can hold a jar of it opened upside down and it wont come out.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post

I thought about trying that too, but thats exactly the problem. How the hell do you get it in there.....I've got an injector needle, but I don't think that would squeeze through the large needle.
wiseguy3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #11

Grease in greasers.

http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...r=asc&start=60
Crumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps View Post
not a member