Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: what do i do??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #1

Default what do i do??

I left my truck turned on with the battery in it by accident, I pluged the battery into the charger and the red light isnt coming on.

What did i do? Is there a way to fix this?
dougie fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

are you using the portable charger that comes with it . if so try new batteries in it . i left mine on till stone dead with the stock battery , but never let that happen with a lipo . are you using a lipo?
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #3

Oh sorry, I should have filled that info in before I posted.
I`m using the stock battery, and yes, I`m using the stock charger. The batterys in that are pretty new, they have only charged the truck battery 2 or 3 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

try some new batteries in the charger first . plus its not a big loss if that battery is junk .the losi lipo is a big improvement . $40 with wall charger
droopmodmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #5

Hmmm, well I`ll try some new batteries. If nothing i guess I`ll go LiPo, thanks for the help.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #6

What happened is the battery was drained completely, and the stock charger doesn't recognize it now. If you have a charger that can charge at 0.1 amps, use that and you can charge the battery up that way. The battery issue was discussed a bit here, battery help ?.
MoralThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I upgraded to the lipo and What a difference it made. The stock battery I thought sucked.
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #8

thanks for the link, and i do plan to get a lipo sometime soon. just isnt in the cards at the moment.
but i think i figured out a little trick.
the first time this happened, i freaked out, POed because i just got the thing. so out of panic i pulled the chager apart and went at it with a test light. i didnt know what i did but i touched something together, saw a little puff of smoke, and the red light came on.
so, last night i went to take it a part again to see what i crossed. the board that has all the wires going in and out, has two black wires side by side. and two red ones side by side sitting next to the black wires. i touch the two red ones and boom, the light is on and the battery charges.
sorry if i ran on and on about this.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #9

grab a 9v battery, plug pos to pos, neg to neg to your stock nimah battery pack for a minute to 2 minutes.. unplug than charge.. thats all you need to do.
tyhodge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #10

pretty cool trick, that would be better then taking the charger apart and probley faster.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #11

depending on how long it was left on, you may only need to do it for 30-45 sec. its just like a jump start for a car. puts enough power into the battery to be able to be recognized by the charger
Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

THANKS! You know, I knew I just needed to jump start the battery with a low amp charger but i never thought to use a 9v
I just broke apart a paperclip rather than strip some spare wire and connected to the flat contact on the plug of losi battery with of course the other ends to the 9v stood on end
a few quick seconds and it worked like a charm. the portable charger pack is charging it just fine now

Now i can crawl while my lipos gets here from china lol

I ordered 2 from Himodel.com

$4.85 300mah 2S 25c and a
$2.99 300mah 1s 25c (in case i dont like the extra wheel speed )
Both have the same length and width as the losi Nimh when layed on the rear axle just a bit thicker
I haven't read anything about the site so I'll make a post when the Lipos get here
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #13

glad it worked for you and this topic is being seen by others with the same problem. its actually an old school micro tip
Old 01-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
grab a 9v battery, plug pos to pos, neg to neg to your stock nimah battery pack for a minute to 2 minutes.. unplug than charge.. thats all you need to do.
Thats funny I actually did that once last year bout this time with a micro dt battery. Like the OP I accidentally left it on and only had a stock charger at the time to charge it with. Its all Hyperion now baby(and lipo)
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
THANKS! You know, I knew I just needed to jump start the battery with a low amp charger but i never thought to use a 9v
I just broke apart a paperclip rather than strip some spare wire and connected to the flat contact on the plug of losi battery with of course the other ends to the 9v stood on end
a few quick seconds and it worked like a charm. the portable charger pack is charging it just fine now

Now i can crawl while my lipos gets here from china lol

I ordered 2 from Himodel.com

$4.85 300mah 2S 25c and a
$2.99 300mah 1s 25c (in case i dont like the extra wheel speed )
Both have the same length and width as the losi Nimh when layed on the rear axle just a bit thicker
I haven't read anything about the site so I'll make a post when the Lipos get here
Be careful when running the 1s lipo. The receiver won't recognize it as a lipo and the cutoff won't engage. The 2s will be fine. You don't want to over discharge the lipo, could go poof...
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #16

Great info guys! This will definetly help when I leave mine on. I know it will happen sometime soon. Thanks again.
outlawjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_kanaka View Post
Be careful when running the 1s lipo. The receiver won't recognize it as a lipo and the cutoff won't engage. The 2s will be fine. You don't want to over discharge the lipo, could go poof...
thanks for the tip, i also picked up 2 lipo alarms because i wasnt sure about the cuttoff, that and they were less than $3
I normally keep an eye on things and dont push it but you never know
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Mine did that too. I jiggled it around and worked fine since.
86 Iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #19

just an FYI, this is only used with NiMAh batteries... do not do this with a lipo!