Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Anyone else have to send their Micro back?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #1

Default Anyone else have to send their Micro back?

I tore into the transmission of my Micro Crawler only to find that the two internal gears are warped, and possibly the spur as well. I told Horizon about this and they told me I have to send it to their repair department.

From what I understand, they were just sending out gears to the people who had the binding problems.

Has anyone else here sent theirs to Horizon?
The_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

nope they sent me the gears and an esc no questions asked seems like they might be a little more cautious now
sirbikealot7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I did not ask them yet..
If they send me bad gear again.. no thanks
but They made new upgread good gear and shaft
maybe We all need to replace this dam gear and shaft..
please let us know..

Last edited by ke6geu; 01-04-2010 at 08:26 PM.
ke6geu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I changed my slipper to the way that someone else posted on here, that took care of most of the binding issue I had, I also changed to the middle pinion gear. I did notice a slight out of round on the other large gear, but so little, I am not going to worry about it. My run times are better, and power seems better. The only way I will rip into the tranny again is to put in delrin/aluminum whatever aftermarket gears.

I recieved new gears as well. As stated above, I just "rebuilt" the slipper, but didn't end up using the gears, will save for future use

Last edited by danhikeski; 01-04-2010 at 09:22 PM.
danhikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i just emailed them on thursday and today i recieved new tranny gears and new tranny shafts for both of my micros
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #6

I had a good truck, radio went bad. Was lucky enough to get an exchange at my hobby shop. New truck had a bad tranny and the esc went bad after one run. Took it back to my shop, exchanged the truck for my original truck and kept the second radio.

Seems like a lot of problems for a new product. It's a great rig when you get it running well. Seems like they rushed it to market. I don't recall this many issues when I purchased my Micro and Mini-T.
theadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theadrick View Post
I had a good truck, radio went bad. Was lucky enough to get an exchange at my hobby shop. New truck had a bad tranny and the esc went bad after one run. Took it back to my shop, exchanged the truck for my original truck and kept the second radio.

Seems like a lot of problems for a new product. It's a great rig when you get it running well. Seems like they rushed it to market. I don't recall this many issues when I purchased my Micro and Mini-T.
Hey,
I have had the same problem. I found this bindings in the "gear box" as u say the tyranny. The middle gear in the gear box is not anyhow properly round. I asked Horizon and so far I understood they sent me gear or whole transmission.
Why this problem happening they don't take care of their product before it's in the market??????

Last edited by lotaloi; 01-06-2010 at 07:32 PM.
lotaloi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

i called them about my tranny and they asked if i would like to send it back and i told them no so they then said they could send out the parts. got he parts about a week later.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
rik
RCC Addict

i just emailed horizon last night about the gears in the tranny. they sent me a reply asking for my shipping info. said they are sending me new gears asap. however, i hope the shaft is running true or new gears aint gonna do sh-t! we'll see.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote